Launch Batch Application

David Tobbe

Oneworld - B7333

Is there a function that can be used from an interactive application to call a batch application and prompt for user data selection?

Ideally I would like to pass parameters through the report interconnect and prompt for user data selection.

If I call a batch application through the report interconnect, I can't seem to have the batch application prompt for values or data selection.

Thanks

Hi David,

One way to do this is to create a form and define fields on the form to specify the data selection criteria. Then define the same fields in the data structure of that UBE, and parse those through from the form that you have defined.

However, this will limit the data selection criteria to the fields that you define on that form. But this is the first straight forward solution that came to my mind without fiddling too much into complicated BSFNs.

Lynnol

you can use the API jdeLaunchUBEEx on a C BSFN; you can find any information about API on knowledge browser

This would be a complex dev. you can always design a screen which can get the data selection and set the DS accordingly.

Hope this help.

Chan

Are you trying to do this from an APPL? Isn't there a system function called "Launch Batch Application"?

Back