Oracle Retires "MetaLink3" Website and Introduces the (New) "My Oracle Support" Website This Friday, August 25th 2009

Terry DeMoure

Terry DeMoure

VIP Member
Oracle Retires \"MetaLink3\" Website and Introduces the (New) \"My Oracle Support\" Website This Friday, August 25th 2009

This last week at Quest West in San Diego, we got an early look at the new "My Oracle Support" website, that takes over for "MetaLink3" support website this upcoming Friday. Our live demo was facilitated by the Oracle Support Website Development Team.

I personally was impressed with the ease of use and the smooth seamless transition from MetaLink3 to My Oracle Support. In fact, I even stood up and told the Oracle web developers that I was so glad the we weren't going to made to suffer through a bad transition, like we were made to do when they transitioned from "Customer Connection" to "MetaLink3" a couple years ago.

Well the debate is on. I have discovered that there is a pro side and a con side on this most recent change significantly impacting this very valuable tool that all of us Oracle JD Edwards and PeopleSoft users rely on frequently. The change sort of just creeped up upon us unannounced until a week or two ago.

I thought it might be good to have a discussion on this in our forum here in JDEList. I also strongly suggest that all users partake in one of the many online training sessions for the new My Oracle Support websute that Oracle is offering this week.

Anyway it would be great to hear from everybody in here. Please take a look and offer us your opinion of this transition to "My Oracle Supoort."

Re: Oracle Retires \"MetaLink3\" Website and Introduces the (New) \"My Oracle Support\" Website This Friday, August 25th 2009

I ttok the class too and the product looks like a nice improvement. Looking forward to using it. My only issue is that they took away direct access for business partners. You have to have access to your customer's support identifier to get in. There is no such thing as Business Partner identifiers that I am aware of. As far as I can tell, they want to make business partners obtain licenses to have the My Oracle Support access that we had with Metalink3. That blows. If anyone knows otherwise, please chime in.

Re: My Oracle Support: Essential Live Training Now Available for MetaLink 3 Users

My Oracle Support: Essential Live Training Now Available for MetaLink 3 Users

Oracle has announced that during the weekend of August 28-30, 2009, MetaLink 3 will upgrade to My Oracle Support. It is important to note that this upgrade will not affect your current login credentials, Support Identifiers, or Service Request numbers.

What You Should Do:

Prepare for the upgrade to My Oracle Support by enrolling in a free live Internet Seminar which will detail the essentials of personalization and navigation of the new user interface. You’ll find a full list of available Internet Seminar dates and times http://www.oracle.com/support/training-schedule.html?msgid=8020005 .
A link to this schedule also appears on http://www.oracle.com/goto/newsletters/qtr/q1fy08/partner/meta3_174.html?msgid=8020005 .

Training includes the following topics:
• What is changing
• Setting up a user profile
• Customer user administration and changes
• Navigation overview
• Dashboard and content regions
• Service requests
• Knowledge browser
• Proactive notifications
• Personalizing My Oracle Support

Call to Action:

To facilitate a smooth transition to My Oracle Support, it is recommended that you complete your training prior to the go-live weekend of August 28-30, 2009. The training will allow you to use your online support tools and resources more efficiently.

In addition, please make sure you are prepared for this upgrade by verifying that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (version 9.0.115 or higher), which is required to use My Oracle Support. You’ll find more information about the Flash Player requirement by reading http://www.oracle.com/goto/newsletters/qtr/q1fy08/partner/meta3_383.html?msgid=8020005 .

Please be sure to forward this information to any employees within your company who could benefit from My Oracle Support training. Should you be unable to attend a free live Internet Seminar, you may access the recorded training modules from the http://www.oracle.com/goto/newsletters/qtr/q1fy08/partner/meta3_174.html?msgid=8020005

For Questions and Information:

Find answers to your questions and learn more about this upgrade http://www.oracle.com/goto/newsletters/qtr/q1fy08/partner/meta3_174.html?msgid=8020005 .

For further questions, contact Global Customer Support by clicking on http://www.oracle.com/support/contact.html?msgid=8020005 , or by calling Global Customer Support and selecting the non-technical option.

Re: Oracle Retires \"MetaLink3\" Website and Introduces the (New) \"My Oracle Support\" Website This Friday, August 25th 2009

Can anyone even get into Metalink 3 right now? I liked it, it worked well for me, but it hasnt really for worked the past 2 days, just keeps on hanging.

I found the searching of articles/knowledge on Metalink3 was not as good as the original, hopefully this has been improve upon.

Terry - need more choices:

1. Customer Connection was terrible
2. MetaLink3 might be OK if it worked (web site functioned)
3. Take me back to the pre-Peoplesoft Days!
4. Based on past experience - not expecting great things from Oracle Web Support

FEEDBACK ON METALINK3 RETIREMENT AND MY ORACLE SUPPORT BIRTH DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 15th

<font color="orange"> We began this Forum discussion prior to the cut-over from MetaLink3 to My Oracle Support, and we began to get some good feedback. Then last week, a couple other individuals decided to start up multiple other discussions on the same topic in adjacent Forums. I am afraid this has some users a bit overwhelmed, as they are forced to choose from multiple discussions to offer their Feedback.

I had some direct dialogue recently with the Senior Vice President and Chief Customer Officer for Oracle and the Senior Regional Support Advocate for Oracle, advised of them of this Poll and Feedback Forum that I had initiated here in JDEList. Per their request, I will be following up with them by packaging all of the comments and recommendations that I received in this Forum Discussion and Poll here in JDEList and sending to them directly. I would also like to invite those users, that started up these other parallel Discussions in adjacent Forums , to please consolidate the critiques and recommendations they have garnered in their Discussion Forums, and email them to me in Word document by September 15th 2009, I will include in the package I will be forwarding off to Oracle.
</font>

Sorry about the limitations of the choices on the poll. What can I say? It is my first poll.

I will be consolidating all of the responses and submitting them directly to the Senior Vice President and Chief Customer Officer for Oracle and the Senior Regional Support Advocate for Oracle on or around the 15th of September.

It is actually running smooth now. It was a tough week and a half at cut-over. I will be consolidating all of the responses and submitting them directly to the Senior Vice President and Chief Customer Officer for Oracle and the Senior Regional Support Advocate for Oracle on or around the 15th of September.

Back