Creating Custom Environment in 8.11 SP1

hizbiz79

List,

I am attempting to create a custom environment in 8.11 SP1, I have created custom environments in 8.10 and 8.9 with an SQL database in the past following these steps.

Create new databases using SQL script
Create new users using SQL script
Run batch to load central objects
Create Custom plan to create new environment, in which I copy a path code for the new env
Run custom plan in installation workbench
Then copying the path code on the enterprise

Now for 8.11 sp1 these scripts are no longer provided they are supposed to be automatically generated by the environment director. Unfortunately UK support has recently told me that environment director doesn’t work, and I should follow old methods to create a custom environment. They sent me 8.10 SQL scripts but no word how to create central objects.

So here are my questions:
Can I use the same batch to load central objects that are from 8.10, or is there a way to do it from the deployment server
How do I create databases (libraries) in DB2/AS400, and DB2 UDB RS6000

Any help is very much appreciated.

You could just use native database methods to copy over the existing central objects database library , or you could even just setup a new Central Objects datasource and then use R98404 to copy fom one of your existing Central Objects Datasources. If using R98403 then you need to copy over versions also.

I wrote a doc for the I-Series on this very subject and it is in the downloads section on the list.

Back