Call a JDE program using CL

Sanjeev roy 1977

Hi,

we are trying to call a JDE program from the AS400 using CL language?? is it possible to do that? I know that JDE gives a runube command which can be used in UNIX... is there anything similar that can be used in CL??

Please let me know...

Sanjeev Roy

Yes - RUNUBE does work on the AS/400... many companies use it on their schedulers - so they can automate their JDE Batch Jobs.

(db)

thank you so much for the reply...
just needed the confirmation...
smile.gif
)

is there a particular scheduler that is used widely by companies who are using JDE on an AS400 platform?

we will be needing a complex scheduler which could submit multiple jobs at one time and be able to define interdependencies...

Sanjeev Roy

It works quite well. A few "oh, by the ways". Do not forget to add B7334SYS to your lib list if it is not already there. Also, add the following to your CL after the RUNUBE. I am not sure what it is, but there a post a long time ago about it. If you don't have this, then your CL will run every other time. The first time it will run OK. The second time it won't. The third time it will, etc.

RCLACTGRP ACTGRP(J1WACTGRP)
MONMSG MSGID(CPF0000)

thanks for the information....
that will save me a lot of time and misery...
smile.gif

We use ROBOT. It is a very nice product with a lot of flexibility. The company is called help/systems.

Back