Sleeper submission anomoly

tpayne

tpayne

Reputable Poster
Has anyone ever seen a situation where Sleeper appears to submit a job but there is no joblog and the job does not appear to have run?

We seem to be getting problems with several jobs, where no evidence of the job having been run can be found, yet the Sleeper log shows it as having been submitted.

These are operations jobs under the ID of IS staff, not user jobs.

Just curious to know if anyone else has seen this type of thing. All jobs / user profiles are set to produce joblogs.

Our IS manager was also dismissed a few weeks ago. Hopefully nothing got changed in the Sleeper programs.

Have you looked at the QHST log (DSPLOG) on the 400 to see what messages you see for the jobs? You should see a submit and a "completed" entry for the job(s) here.

Another thought is to check "who" (user profile) is used to submit the jobs in question in Sleeper. Has anything happened to that user profile? You might changed the logging level on that profile to spit out logs even if all goes well. I can't remember the setting off the top of head but I think in JDE user security, set the logging severity to 10 and the messages to *SECLVL. They are likely set to 00 and *NOLIST right now. Maybe someone can elaborate on this idea more for you.

Tony, I have seen this when a user profile set up for a Sleeper job has been deleted or disabled. Did you check the Sleeper joblog? (I want to say the job is J9501, but I'm not sure, as I don't have access to a system.) It should be there or in the audit report. HTH!

Yes, it is J95901. You should be able to go into WRKACTJOB and do a 5 next to this job, then do a 10 to show the joblog (hit F10 to see details). If this Sleeper job has been running for "a long time", you will have a long list here. Hit F18 to get to the bottom of the log and Page Up to look for the offending stuff.

Back