Isl World A7.2 compatible with OS/400 V5R2??

yardguy

Hello-
We are stuck on an old release of WOrld (A7.2, cum 10). Want to upgrade our Iseries to V5R2. Will I have any problems??? Can't find this information anywhere on the Oracle/Peoplesoft site!!

Thanks

You really need to check w/ JDE (PeopleSoft/Oracle/whatever). If they are no longer supporting A7.2, you are on your own, unless someone else has gone down this path and is willing to share. If they do support A7.2, you should be able to get a set of code to apply after the OS upgrade, if applicable (at least this was true 10 years ago, even though we were not on maintenance).

I know there was at least one issue in upgrading from V5R1 to V5R2, but do not recall what it was (I looked into this 2 years ago; there was an article posted on JDE's KG, but not sure how to find it now). A lot depends on what your current OS version is, but without help from JDE or a sophisticated business partner, an OS upgrade can cause headaches and worse (programs to which you don't have source may fail). Your company may need to decide if it's really worth the OS upgrade.

Yardguy-

I made to JDELIST several years ago on this topic.

There is both general information and specific information somewhere on the Oracle/PeopleSoft web site about upgrading from V4R4 and prior releases to V5R1 and later releases. Specifically, JDE issued a SAR (#05594442) several years ago to fix the library list problem documented below.

In my original JDELIST posting, I had URL's to both of the JDE Knowledge Garden articles, but they are now stale and no longer work.

From IBM:

Programs that use any of the following may need to be reviewed and revised to handle the enhanced library list (250 libraries).

Objects affected:

=B7 The CL command RTVJOBA USRLIBL( )

=B7 OS/400 APIs affected:

=B7 QUSRJOBI (Retrieve Job Information)

=B7 QWCRTVCA (Retrieve Current Attributes)

=B7 QUSRSPLA (Retrieve Spool File Attributes)

=B7 QWDRJOBD (Retrieve Job Description)

See the following IBM link describing the library list changes:

http://www-919.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/developer/os400/lib_list.h tml

Please note that IBM has allowed the option to artificially limit the user library list to 25 libraries system-wide if the data area QUSRSYS/QLILMTLIBL (which is shipped with the system) exists, but this will be ignored after V5R2. This means that eventually you will need to make the program changes necessary to handle the user library list containing 250 libraries.

Back