SQ release for non-stock Line types

Mali

[mad]
want to release a SQ for a non-stock Line type, gets an error saying 'Item Number Invalid' (Error ID 0267) from B4200311.
Can anyone pls. help ???

Thanks in advance !

Not sure of how you have your various constants set-up...but I know that in some cases, JDE stores non-stock lines in F4211 and to prevent them from certain processing, they set the Short Item Number (ITM) = Zero. This could be the cause of your problem.

Firrstly, Thank you for your reply.

All our non-stock line types that we are trying to release have Short item Number 'zero'. We can create Sales orders with those no problem.
I changed the Invalid Item hard error to a warning. Then I was able to release it. But after that when I go to 'Generate the SO' it only creates a record in F4201 But no records in F4211 and no error messages in the SQ release screen.

Thanks !

Do you have your "Edit Item Master for Non-Stock Item" turned on in the Line Type that you are releasing onto? If so, that may be part of the problem. Also are you going from an SQ to an SO? If so, make sure the line type in the P4210 version is set up correctly to blank or whatever the line type for your nonstock orders are. You may also want to make sure the order activity rules are setup properly for everything.

Back