Error: ER is not supported

wherdes

Hi List,

At the client where I am working I get the following error message now and then: "Event Rules Design: ER is not supported for this object". I can get this e.g. when I click with the right mouse button on an object in FDA. Sometimes I can get into the event rules design when I save the application of report, but that is nog always the solution.
There is no debug information so I'm completely stunned.

Has anybody seen this too and knows what causes the problem??

regards,
Walter.

Hello Walter,

I’ve gotten this message several times over the last few months, usually in RDA, although it’s been weeks since I’ve seen it. Generally if I exited JDE a couple of times it would eventually clear it up, sometimes a reboot would do the trick.

I haven’t figured out what made this problem go away the last several weeks for me. My guess is receiving a full build package that reinstalls JDE…?

Kevin Courtney
Trident Seafoods Corporation

This is not an uncommon message. It occurs when you try to go into Event Rules while the focus is on an object that doesn't support Event Rules. In applications, objects such as group boxes do not support ER. I'm not sure what objects exist in UBEs that don't support ER.

Now with a bad install, I have seen this error pop-up more often because the design aid doesn't understand what object is selected.

Hope this helps,
Ben again

Hi Ben,

You have written:

"I'm not sure what objects exist in UBEs that don't support ER."

Most of the runtime fields, like Report Date, Page Number, etc.

...at least on our SP 15.1

Regards,

Zoltán

Hi all,

but my problem arises sometimes when i've clicked on an object that supports ER: e.g. a grid. The remedy is sometimes to save the application, another time to close the design aid and go into design again. There is not a clear pattern.

Walter.

Hi Walter,

Just a shot into the dark:

Did you keep opened more than one OW designer tool when this problem arised?

Regards,

Zoltán

XE UPDATE 2 SP15.1, Intel NT4, SQL 2000
(was/is working with B7321, B7331, B7332 too)

Re: RE: Error: ER is not supported

Hi Zoltan,

no, just one tool is open and nothing special is done.

Regards,
Walter.

Back