Voucher Logging/Three Way Match

DeniseDG

Hello List Members

My company has been on JDE since the late 80's and has never implemented 3-way match. I'm in the process of trying to accomplish that now.

We are purely distribution company with 22 warehouses and centralized accounting. Currently all vendor invoices go to remote locations who approve & forward to acctg. for payment. Under 3-way match we will have all invoices going to accounting. I'm currently working on the dilemma of how to resolve variances that arise when matching invoices to received PO lines.

I thought possibly we could use the voucher logging process to put on 'HOLD' those invoices that don't match within tolerance. Does anyone know if it's possible to to use voucher logging process even when PO lines have already been received? JDE documentation talks only about using it when PO lines have not been received.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone in a similar situation might be willing to correspond with me off-line about how they handle the whole variance resolution issue. I'm not an A/P expert, and we don't really have an expert on this subject in our IT department either.

Thanks for any help,
Denise
VP-Business Processes
Ris Paper Company, Inc.

World 7.3 Cum 10

You can either use a receipting option or alternatively set the tolerances to zero. You will not be able to log vouchers and match to po at the same time. To amtch you would use the redistribution app in AP however the match would be for the entire voucher.

Regards,

Vici

Back