Datamax Label Printer

ag_cjc

Has anyone had any success printing to a Datamax label printer from One World. I've setup the printer on my app server through a TCP/IP port. I can print a test page, and when I hit the Print row exit, I can see the document in the printer's que. But, nothing prints. I can pull up the PDF in my outque and print it fine, though.

The Datamax printers speak a printer language called "DPL" (Datamax Programming Language) OneWorld speaks PCL, PostScript and Text. See the problem? I'll bet you need either a OneWolrd output partner or to download the datamax guide and insert control codes into a lineprinter output to make it go...(add a report header and footer for the beginning end end codes, set the "page length" at the beginning to one line so when oneworld emits a formfeed, you advance only one line, and then if you have some barcode-stuff, build the appropriate command string... This may or may not work, I haven't studied the DPL manual long enough. But this stragegy does let me insert Epson ESC sequences sucessfully, so I'll bet you can do this...)

The manual for DPL programming is here:
http://www.datamaxcorp.com/_assets/library/pdf/i__w_programmers_manual_c.pdf

Have fun!

Back