Email UBE Output

DARLA_JOHNSON

I would like to run a UBE and email the resulting PDF to an Exchange mailbox. JDE said it can't be done. Has anyone done the impossible?

Darla Johnson
DJ Ortho
AS/400 OneWorld Xe sp16 update 3

I don't know if it can be done through OW, but we've got a VBScript that is scheduled on our application server that monitors the printqueue. Then when that pdf exists, it emails to a defined mail server.

Hi Casey,

Thanks for the info. Are you running on an AS400. If so, how do you
wildcard the portion of the filename that indicates the job number?

Appreciate your help!

Darla

Darla,

its not impossible but it is quite involved and would require customization. The subject has been discussed before - I suggest you search the forum.

I think the use of a tool such as Optio or its equivalent is the better way to go if you have specific requirements and not a shotgun (all UBEs) approach.

Regards,

It's been a while, but the need came up here, so I started playing. It's not exactly what you asked for, but close. You could create a UBE that used BSFN B91300C to launch the UBE you want in an email. B91300C returns a server job number. Set the BSFN to run in synchronous mode, so you know the PDF exists before you call B0500190. Then create an event variable that concats the server job number and pass that into B0500190 as the attachment parameter. I haven't tested it, but it sounds like it might work.

Darla, I don't know about the cost/effort required to go down the Optio route. We use Formscape to allow faxing of pdf's and it seems to work well. Actually we use Formscape to do so much so much sometimes I think the tail is wagging the dog here!

This can also be done with some custom programming - you would need to look in the Job Master (F986110 - but check your OCM mappings!) to get the PDF file name and use the SendEmailHRM business function to send that file. This will be easier to do if the UBE and this function run on a client as the disk location of the PDF file is well known.

Good luck,
JohnO

Back