Media Object Setup is disabled in Power Edit form

Rauf

Rauf

VIP Member
Media Object Setup is disabled in Reusable Edit Subform

I am in a Power Edit form, and see Form -> Media Object Setup... menu is disabled. Then, how can I do Media Object functionality in Reusable Edit Subform?

Last edited:
I spent the morning searching for this same kind of thing, but for a Power Browse. I finally found the answer in Oracle Document 1093132.1 "How to Replace the Automatic Media Object Functionality with a Menu Toolbar Attachment Exit using Form Design Aid". It gives set by step instructions with screen shots for both the Form and Row level.

I'll give a quick summary for both.

Form

Add a Form Exit or Button for opening the attachment
In the button click event, open the Media Object Structures in the system functions and choose the Media Object for your data. My example uses the media object for displaying the Glossary Text for a data dictionary item.
Media Object Structures(GT92002, <Default Media Object>, <Edit>, <First Text Item>, VA evt_MediaObjectStatus_EV01, FC Data Item, SL LanguagePreference, <Null>, <Null>)

Row

On the grid properties, check the Advanced Tab and make sure "Hide Row Headers" is not checked. This checkbox controls whether you see the "Paper Clip" column.
In the Grid's Double Click on Row Header event rule, Open the Media Object Structures in the system functions and choose your media object.
Media Object Structures(GT92002, <Default Media Object>, <Display>, <First Text Item>, VA evt_MediaObjectExists_EV01, GC DataItem, SL LanguagePreference, "", "")

When you do a find, the Paper Clip does not display by default. You can add the following code to the Form's Write Grid Line After Event to display the paper clip automatically:

VA evt_HasAttachment_EV01 = "0"
Media Object Structures(GT92002, <Default Media Object>, <Exist>, VA evt_HasAttachment_EV01, GC DataItem, SL LanguagePreference, "", "")
If VA evt_HasAttachment_EV01 is equal to "1"
Set Grid Text Indicator(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <Yes>)
Else
Set Grid Text Indicator(FC Grid, <Currently Selected Row>, <No>)
End If

Back