R46171(Printube)

Ben Carter

I am been trying to run a Submit Job on the AS/400 for a job called R46171 this is calling a program called Printube. At the moment I am running this job from the JDE G.U.I (Fat Client) is it possible to run this job from the Scheduler or a Submit job. I am submitting this job with the correct Parameters but it still errors is it possible to Jde jobs from OS/400 without using the G.U.I. I at OS/400 Level V5R2M0. I have logged in As PSFT user profile when running theses jobs.

AS/400 is oblivious to the fact the UBE job was originally submitted from the fat client, so the answer is YES, it should be possible to run the job via the scheduler. You just need to make sure it goes to the correct job queue, subsystem, you pass it all the appropriate parameters and it is running under the correct user profile.

One other caveat I just thought of now is that you don't delineate if your UBE runs locally on your PC or on the AS/400. I assumed it runs on the 400, but assumptions are never a good thing.

Jen

Back