Install JDEdwards Terminal Server

coljp

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I need to install JDEdwards (FULL), in a Server Terminal with WIN2003. I need documentation for this procedure.

Thanks,

OneWorldXE, sp20, WIN2003, SQL2000

The install is treated just as a development (fat) client, except you would use the Add / Remove programs application to do it. Once completed with the install, run R92TAM to generate a full set of DD specs so that JITI doesn't occur. Run R98CRTGL for the same reason. Viola! JDE is installed on your Citrix box.

The tricky part is how to 'serve' it out to your users. For performance and security, use Published Application instead of Published Desktop.

Funny, I just had a conversation about this with a colleague.

Good posting Fred, your steps are correct on the install, just a few additions.

1) On the Add/Remove - choose you latest Full package.

2) It will prompt you to install a Development or Production install. For a metaframe you will want a Production install. It is best to install this on an apps drive, not your C:\.

3) For 2003, you will want to give annonymous or guest (however you Citrix signs on the users to the publish app) access to the drive that has PeopleSoft installed on it, plus the security files on C:\ jdeauth* & jdesec*. Since 2003 installs with everything locked down.

4) Note that (at least in E810), your users will get that annonying pop-up for tip-of-the-day. This is because the customizations that your citrix users do is made in the registry for how they signon. So if you publish OW for anonymous users, then their registry changes will be deleted when they signoff and the next users adopts their logon (to the server, not into OW). Annoying but easy.

If you publish OW for explicit sigons, then all your users will have a profile (in /documents and settings/) and it will save their customizations (tip-of-the-day, address bar location, size.... all that apply to save-on-exit). Nice for the users, but terrible to maintain.

5) You do have to run the R92TAM & R98CRTGL, but these have to be run on a local box - normally this override is not done on a metaframe. It's done on a local workstation, the files are stored on the deployment server, and then copied down to each MFrame.

This needs to be done, since JITI'ing is not good on a MFrame, (if it is even allowed to in the first place).

As for publishing - that's your call. Just keep in mind that a OW user takes about 100Mb of Memory (very little CPU) and they will sit in there all day if they could - so I would set a resonable timeout.

Remember to cleanup the PRINTQUEUE directories often (ever PDF they view is pulled onto the MFrame from the ES).

The extras (printing and mapping drives) are joys that you will discover as they ask for it.

Good luck,

Kristian

Hi, OK.. the Package FULL is installed succesfully, but, the jde.ini is in C:\WINDOWS\jde.ini for everyone, I need the JDE.INI in C:\Documents and Settings\XXX..\WINDOWS\JDE.INI
What Can I do?
Thanks,

In Spanish:

Hola todos,

Instale el FULL de JDEdwards en Terminal server, pero el JDE.ini queda ubicado en el C:\windows\jde.ini, necesito que este archivo quede ligado a cada perfil de usuario asi:
C:\Documents and Settings\XXX..\WINDOWS\JDE.INI.
Que puedo hacer? En Win2000 funcionaba sin problemas.

Gracias,

OneWorldXe, Sp20, WIN2003, SQL2000

Add the following line to the [DEBUG] section of the JDE.INI:

WTSLogs=TRUE

You must also be sure to set up the WTS system folder properly in the user's profile. I am not a network administrator so I can only give you an example of the path.

\\WTServerName\C:\Documents and Settings\user\WINDOWS

You'll have to get help on where to put the path setting. If you don't do this, all users will be writing to the same JDE.INI, JDE.LOG and JDEDEBUG.LOG files in the WINNT folder.

If you want to automate this a bit instead of navigating to the add remove programs we use a bat file that does a couple commands:
change user /install
\\srvdepprod\B7333\OneWorld Client Install\setup.exe

That launches the setup, as soon as that finishes it does a change user /execute.

There are more steps like stopping antvirus services. But for the most part that is it. It works great when having to do 10+ servers at a time.

Nick

Back