Menu Not Found - HTML Client

mdinello

I'm receiving the error "Menu Not Found" after logging into the OW through the HTML client. I have generated all objects. First Tables and Business views, then apps, reports, NERs, DD and menus. I have even tried bouncing the Web Server and clearing the Virtual Host cache. Still get the error.

The menu record exists in the F989999 table, but obviously OW is not reading it properly.

Anyone have any ideas?

thx...M

M

Everything seems to be OK on you generation procedure side, and the menu changes should become apparent when the instance is re-started (shouldn't be necessary to restart the whole server).

A few questions that might help shed a bit of light on this.

Is this a standard JDE menu or a custom one? Which environment is this in? If you log into that environment in the fat client and go into UTB to view table F0082, which data source is this defaulting to? Are you using menu replication? Can you check your OCM mappings for the F98999 in the environment that you

Is this the initial log on menu of the user in question? Does it work OK on the fat client? Just check the users profile, via GH9011, any errors when you go into it, any language preference against it? is this a "normal" menu or is it solution explorer/portal?

What can you see in the F989999?

If you can come back with some answers I might have a suggestion - hopefully.

Pete

Hello.

1. have you checked the tnsnames file where the data source for the Control Tables - Prod?

2. Are the odbc´s in the java server setup correctly?

3. The jde web solutions recomend the following:
The generator requires that some objects be generated before others. Try and generate the following objects before generating Menus:
Tables Business Views
F9860 V9001B
F9865
F0005
F983051
F9210
F98980

4. Check thye table security in your database for the menu tables F0082, F00821, F0083 and F0084.

If nonne of the above recomendations work send your jas.log at [email protected]

Juan Botero
OneWorld CNC
Enka de Colombia S.A.
574-4055564

Thanks for your responses. I was able to solve this issue by making a change to the jas.ini on the Web Server. The change was as follows in the [JDBC URL] section:

DEFAULT=jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:OWDBTEST:1521:eek:wdbtst1

to:
JDV7333=jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:OWDBTEST:1521:eek:wdbtst1|O|DV7333|jde|jde
JPY7333=jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:OWDBTEST:1521:eek:wdbtst1|O|PY7333|jde|jde

What was happening is all menus were being created succcessfully in the F989999 table, but the JAS was unable to connect to this table. Changing the above allowed the connection to happen and the menus now appear when a user signs onto OneWorld through HTML.

Thanks

Mark

Back