Having some of E1 custom (55) tables outside E1 - New database.

ramkitkv

Hello,

We need to put some of the E1 custom tables outside of E1 database. Currently Business Data - Test/CRP/PROD is in Oracle database and we need to put the custom tables in SQL database and use OCM and data source configuration to access it. This is working fine in a Fat client and not working in the HTML server. Is this possible? If so please let me know the step to make it work on the HTML server.

Thanks for the help.

[ QUOTE ]
Hello,

We need to put some of the E1 custom tables outside of E1 database. Currently Business Data - Test/CRP/PROD is in Oracle database and we need to put the custom tables in SQL database and use OCM and data source configuration to access it. This is working fine in a Fat client and not working in the HTML server. Is this possible? If so please let me know the step to make it work on the HTML server.

Thanks for the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what environments did you define the OCM entries?

I did it for both DV900 & JDV900. It is looking at the correct data source when I run the application. But not finding any data and keeps spinning. I see the following error in the E1root log in the HTML.

SEVERE] JDE - [BASE] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [RETRYABLE_OPERATION_FAILED] Retryable operation failed. com.jdedwards.base.util.RetryException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.

I have installed sqljdbc4.jar though.(It shows in the list of jdbc driver in the J2EE container)

[ QUOTE ]
I did it for both DV900 & JDV900. It is looking at the correct data source when I run the application. But not finding any data and keeps spinning. I see the following error in the E1root log in the HTML.

SEVERE] JDE - [BASE] com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [RETRYABLE_OPERATION_FAILED] Retryable operation failed. com.jdedwards.base.util.RetryException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.
java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version 1.6 is not supported by this driver. Use the sqljdbc4.jar class library, which provides support for JDBC 4.0.

I have installed sqljdbc4.jar though.(It shows in the list of jdbc driver in the J2EE container)

[/ QUOTE ]

SQL Server version?
Tools Release Version?
WAS/WLS version?
Serve Manager version?

Hello Jeff,

SQL Server version? SQL server 2005
Tools Release Version? 8.98.3.1
WAS/WLS version? WLS 11g
Serve Manager version? 8.98.3.1

Thanks,
Ram

Did you make sure that the sqljdbc4.jar file was the only SQL Server driver in the driver folder location. If there are multiple SQL Server drivers in the same location that might cause an issue. And always, restart the instance after loading the driver.

Back