E9.2 JDBJ Max Pool Connection

Soumen

Soumen

Reputable Poster
Dear List,

I would like to check what the current max pool connections are for an HTML instance. I see the below errors in the JAS logs however when I check the Server manager DB Connections it is at 115 or something. I have the Max pool size setitng in jdbj ini set to 500 max users and at he same time tehre are only 70 - 80 users on the HTML.

[SEVERE] - [BASE] com.jdedwards.database.impl.physical.JDBMaxPoolSizeException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource Business Data - PROD.

But still with the above settings we are randomly seeing the max pool size exception message. Is tere ay way I can actually check the connection count or see what connections are that is cauisng this message.

We are on SQL Server 2019.
Windows 2019 Server
E9.2
WebLogic 14.1.1

Any input will be helpful. Thanks.

What should be the ideal value of Max Connection in JDBJ.ini vs MAX User in JAS.ini for Optimal performance.

I saw this in the Oracle Doc ID 627513.1. Would like to confirm what is the ideal that we can keep and what is the Max value we should go.

"maxConnection in jdbj.ini should match the MAXUser in jas.ini for all HTML Server instances."

Technically, for that many JDBC connections to remain open, you may be having a code issue with a transaction not closing. Most of the time, I can leave it at the default for that many users and not have any issue. For a 115 user instance to keep 500 DB connections open, it sounds like something is not closing properly. I recently had to work with Oracle on an issue with a client where 100 user JVM's were maxing at 500 JDBC connections and facing the same issue (we started at 300 and kept bumping.) They insisted it couldn't be their custom code that was promoted at the genesis. Oracle actually jumped through some hoops to code extra logging iin to HTML server to prove that it in fact was. Once the code was rolled back., the JDBJ connections never surpassed 20. Hope that at least gives you something to look for.

I would keep it around 25% more than the max concurrent. Take a look at user sessions for open applications to see if there is an app mis behaving.
For Oracle, I would group it by the connections per machine and connections / SQLs per sql id.

Dear List,

I would like to check what the current max pool connections are for an HTML instance. I see the below errors in the JAS logs however when I check the Server manager DB Connections it is at 115 or something. I have the Max pool size setitng in jdbj ini set to 500 max users and at he same time tehre are only 70 - 80 users on the HTML.

[SEVERE] - [BASE] com.jdedwards.database.impl.physical.JDBMaxPoolSizeException: [DATABASE_CONNECT_FAILED] Database Connection failed for DataSource Business Data - PROD.

But still with the above settings we are randomly seeing the max pool size exception message. Is tere ay way I can actually check the connection count or see what connections are that is cauisng this message.

We are on SQL Server 2019.
Windows 2019 Server
E9.2
WebLogic 14.1.1

Any input will be helpful. Thanks.
In Server Manager, you can look at Database Connections on the JVM and it should show you the statements/user / datasource combination. See if anything stands out as excessively repeating. Do you have many DB proxy users or just one or two common ones for all users?

In Server Manager, you can look at Database Connections on the JVM and it should show you the statements/user / datasource combination. See if anything stands out as excessively repeating. Do you have many DB proxy users or just one or two common ones for all users?
Just have 2 proxy users

That just makes it harder to hone in on the culprit, but you should see pages and pages of SQL queries, does anything look to be repeated in mass?

Back