SPNEGO authentication for E1 Web Client

markdcci

markdcci

Owner - Rockford Consulting LLC
List,

Has anyone out there managed to get SPNEGO authentication working with WebSphere and the E1 web client to allow a more seamless LDAP experience? If so would you be willing to share your experiences?

I found an older thread that references this in passing but would rather not resurrect that thread.

Full disclosure: After working with Oracle support for several weeks on this and having them tell me initially this was feasible, they have come back and said it's not. That being said, in the past folks on this list have been able to go where no Oracle support person has gone before.

I have SPNEGO working with base WebSphere, as verified by the snoop servlet - just not working with E1 HTML instance.

Thanks.

Application Release Level: E1 9.0
Tools Release Level: 8.98.3.4
Enterprise Server: AS400 V6R1
Web Server: Windows 2008 R2
Web App Server: WebSphere 7.0.0.15

I went down this past some time ago. The problem is that there isn't anything in the E1 .maf javascript to pick up the id and passwords and pass them back to the server. Even if you go with portal this is a problem. I think sometime back somebody wrote something on Kerberos integration for E1 logins. I am not sure how that worked but you might look into that.

Re: SPNEGO authentication for E1 Web Client *DELETED*

Post deleted by cmanderson

Since the original post referenced WebSphere, I am not sure how relevant OAM / OID are. And, WebSphere expects a TAI (Trusted Authentication Interceptor) of its own to pull the Windows credentials and post them to the HTTP server.

The problem is that even if those credentials are passed up to the HTTP server, E1 does not currently do anything with them because that isnt how the java, html and javascript are written. One would have to do customize the javascript to java login code. This is no small task.

Back