CNC Automation scripting resources

RTSCsupport

Hello. Recently, I attended some sessions at Collaborate 2011 about troubleshooting and automating processes to monitor JDE e1. I am interested in creating some automation scripts, and would like to know if anyone has some good scripting resources. I am continuing to search google, etc., for solutions as well.

Thanks Kentoy! I will check that one out. I am new to doing my own scripting so anything that will help me learn about this process is welcome.

Hi,
We have a commercial monitor tool, E1 Status, designed for JD Edwards.

This tool monitor jde ent server (if bsfn call works), web client (ensure that users can log in), database server and Business Service Server.

Email notification and fs logs are implemented out of the box for each instance of each jde components under the monitor.

Please contact me if you want more informations.

Best regards.

Bruno Condemi

[ QUOTE ]
Hi,
We have a commercial monitor tool, E1 Status, designed for JD Edwards.
This tool monitor jde ent server (if bsfn call works), web client (ensure that users can log in), database server and Business Service Server.
Email notification and fs logs are implemented out of the box for each instance of each jde components under the monitor.
Please contact me if you want more informations.
Best regards.
Bruno Condemi

[/ QUOTE ]

I add that software E1 Status is able to write messagge on Windows Event Viewer. We are working to integrate it with most famous open source software monitor like Nagios or Xymon
regards
gg

Hi, I'm not certain what processes your looking to script, but Server Manager has a monitoring solution and with 8.98.3 (I believe it was) there is Resource Monitoring available.

What TLS are you on?

If you are on a windows platform, a free and very powerful tool would be MS powershell..

Thanks for all the responses. We are running e1 9.0, Tools 8.98.3.1. I may have forgotten to include that originally.

I am looking to automate a login script, to check availability of the system, and then a couple of reports that I want to run, but do not run from the Job Scheduler.

I am actually exploring Powershell for SQL and JDE administration; as well as incorporating it and Microsoft's LogParser into the mix.

Any assistance is appreciated. If you have any scripts you're willing to share that is also most welcome. I'd even buy you a beer if you ever make it to the-middle-of-nowhere kansas;]

RTSCsupport,

We use a number of tools to monitor the health of our systems.

1) We have a batch job (R0006P, XJE0005) that we launch once an hour. Since we know that this report only takes a few seconds to run, we have a timer on the job that sends an alert if it runs for 10 minutes or more. That gives me a feel for whether the server is up, and how busy it is. If I don't hear from the job, life is good.

2) We have various system monitoring tools that our infrastructure team put in place that check to see if the servers are up, log in to web pages, check to see if the jde services are up, etc. If an error crops up, I get an email. If it's a system down error, an alert goes to the operators, and they call me.

3) We are also using the built in alerts in server manager for several types of events. Those alerts then send out an email, or if I feel it's important enough, send out a text message to my cell phone.

My point is, we put our eggs in several baskets. If your monitoring tool goes down, at the same time as your system, you will be lulled into a false sense of confidence. But if I get body slammed from multiple sources, I know that the fecal matter has hit the spinning blades.......
grin.gif

Just my $.02 worth.

- Gregg

gregglarkin,

Currently, I am mainly using SvrMgr for monitoring, etc. I am wanting to spread my eggs into more baskets. I found out others use a login script in a similar way to your report. I had forgotten about that one, thanks for the reminder.

I am trying to schedule the R9861101, and the R91300B reports. I have not had good luck getting the R9861101 to run through the job scheduler, so I am attempting to build a powershell script that will log in and run it.

One more thing to consider is a Heart Beat, to verify the alert system is up. We got dinged using the 'if I don't hear anything, all is well' method. If your network or contact system goes down, then you may not get the alerts.
Since then, we have a program that sends a heart beat signal regularly. That way, I'm sure the alert system is operational. If I don't get the heartbeat, then I manually investigate. Also handy when troubleshooting, to know the last time the alert system worked.

Hi,
Were you able to run R980011 from the E1 Scheduler? Do we have to setup anything special for this task? We are trying to setup the cross reference in the scheduler as well. Thanks.

JGersic,

I am working with PowerShell, currently fairly new to scripting.

What I would like to do is open JDE, and run the R9861101 to clean up the Print Queues, etc. I cannot use the Job Scheduler as the UBE has to run locally.

I am working with the invoke-item cmdlet, and can get the login dialogue to open. I am trying to figure out how to pass the credentials to the application so it will log in. <font color="blue"> </font>

Hi,

Depending on where you want to launch ubes, you can use :
- runube or runubexml from enterprise servers. There are standard JDE executable allowing to script ube launching. We use runube every day. You can use it either interactive (runing the batch locally on the server waiting for it to complete) or using the job queues
- ubecommander, which is a freel tool from Alex Pastuhov, allowing to script ube launching on a fat client. It works perfectly (and you don't have to run the fat client before launching the ube, the executable deals with the connection)

If you want to run these from powershell, you can use the "&", for instance :

& ubecommander.exe $USR $PWD $ENV $UBE $VER
after defining your variables for user, password, environment, ube name and ube version.
and you can test $LASTEXITCODE after, to check if everything went well (then value is 0) or not (any other value).

Rgds,

[ QUOTE ]
JGersic,

What I would like to do is open JDE, and run the R9861101 to clean up the Print Queues, etc. I cannot use the Job Scheduler as the UBE has to run locally.

I am working with the invoke-item cmdlet, and can get the login dialogue to open. I am trying to figure out how to pass the credentials to the application so it will log in. <font color="blue"> </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

The R9861101 can run on the server, there are some caveats. If you are interested, let me know and I'll dig up my notes on how to do it.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
JGersic,

[/ QUOTE ]

The R9861101 can run on the server, there are some caveats. If you are interested, let me know and I'll dig up my notes on how to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that the UBE you want to use when ran on the server is R9861101X (it's a new ube in 9.0)

Back