Random F4074 records missing

kk_jde

Hello,

We have a situation where some of the F4211 records are missing the corresponding F4074 records. This is completely random. Same user, same set of data (customer, products, key strokes) will be fine the next time. It is extremely difficult for us to duplicate but happening a lot in production.
- No price overrides done to the line
- During the order entry, the pricing comes through fine
- everything looks good, but no F4074 records created
- sometime, just for one line out of 12 lines order missing F4074 record.
- There is no pattern or anything we could find on those lines missing F4074 record. Same set of data the second time will work just fine if we try it.
- To put it in perspective, out of 12K lines getting created every day, some 1500+ lines will miss F4074 records. And it is different customer, different item and different user every time. Also happens on EDI orders as well. Unable to duplicate makes it unable to debug.

We are on 8.11 SP1 with 8.98 tools release, running on iSeries. I did try to search through the forums here but unable to find any useful tip/help. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

KK

KK,

we've been using JDE a long time (12 years) using XE, 8.9, and 9.0

We use Sales Orders with Kits and "Price History" / F4074.

In every release the system has had this "feature" of losing pricing (sometimes just zeroing it out. It can happen because of
- changing unit price at SO line level
- changes to SO Line dates (sometimes)
- changes to kit components / quantities
- it just feels like deleting the data

The code responsible for this mess is spread across multiple BSFNS as well as multiple code sections in P4210. Its so involved that I couldn't provide a 100% fix to the existing code. I eventually created a kluge solution that masked the problem from the end-user - but I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone. JDE/Oracle has made multiple attempts to fix this in the past but I think this spaghetti code is unfixable.

FYI there HAS been posts about this in the past.

Thanks Larry. We may end up doing the same thing I guess, like masking the issue with another band-aid. I did see some posts from the past but nothing seemed to be conclusive. I was hoping that someone may have found a solution for this, because this is happening some times to even a straight forward single line (stock line type S) order with absolutely no changes made to the line, meaning all defaults, other than the customer number, PO#, part# and units. Well, I guess this is another one of "unable to duplicate - Closed' issue. Thanks again.

KK

Hi If you are on XE and current in ESU, look at this SR I opened a few weeks ago, but for Oracle this seems to be no critical
frown.gif

SR 3-2465327371: Price history is cleared after changing the date of a sales order with the work order completed

Perhaps is your same problem.

I had to customize P4210 to prevent this kind of changes and make a new custom form to acomplish that

Back