Favorites in 9.0: is it safe?

Robert Robinson

Robert Robinson

Reputable Poster
We are in the process of upgrading to 9.0/8.98. Wondering if any 9.0 users are using web favorites? If so, has the Oracle bug fix made it safe for users to create favorites without fear that they will be wiped out?

Re: Favorites in 9.0: is is safe?

Outstanding!

There were times that the favorites for all were deleted when a user was deleted OR when a full package was deployed. Good to see that hole has <font color="red"> finally </font> been closed!

Re: Favorites in 9.0: is is safe?

Just to clarify, are you talking about Favorites within the JDE menu, or favorites/bookmarks within your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox,...)?

We've never had much of a problem with the former, but I believe that the syntax of the browser favorites changed with TR 8.98. Note that these favorites are local to the computer that the browser is being run on, whereas the Favorites within the JDE menu will follow a user from computer to computer.

Favorites within JDE menuing...there was a SAR out there, and it looks like JDE (Oracle) may have finally resolved it; I am just confirming.

We're using JDE favorites fine. The only odd behavior is that when you add your first JDE favorite, you need to exit out of the JDE web client, log back in, and then you'll see your first JDE favorite appear. If you don't do this, your JDE favorites won't show up (and you'll subsequently drive yourself crazy -- I saved that, didn't I???)

[ QUOTE ]
We're using JDE favorites fine. The only odd behavior is that when you add your first JDE favorite, you need to exit out of the JDE web client, log back in, and then you'll see your first JDE favorite appear. If you don't do this, your JDE favorites won't show up (and you'll subsequently drive yourself crazy -- I saved that, didn't I???)

[/ QUOTE ]

I found that you only need to refresh the menu from the Webclient using the 2 little arrows to get the Favorite to show up. No need to exit completely from JDE.

Back