Mass Database Change

bkg73123

We need to do a mass database change for the "Value Order Policy" field under Additional Sys Info in the Item Branch. I have looked in the Item Branch Field Update screen and that field does not appear as a choice. How do I go about updating this field on a specific list of part numbers? Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I am running out of time here before I have to manually edit thousands of part numbers.
If you can help with this please do.
Thank you.

BK,

You really haven't given us enough information to help you.

Specifically, which Field?
Specifically, what is the change you are planning (DD, Value, ???)

What is your system configuration?

Can the change be handled via SQL?
How Many Records is 'MASS'??

(db)

Data Browser - V4102A [Item Branch Revisions]
P41026
W41026E
Field Name: Order Policy Value

I have three thousand part numbers that require a value change in this field. These are broken down into three lists. Each list requires a different value.

I was trying to use the Item Branch Field Update to enter
the criteria and list of part numbers to do a mass change. However, the Order Policy Value field is not listed
as an available field to edit.
Data Browser - V983051A [Version List Primary - New Business View] R41805

I am a user not a programmer.
I don't know if this can be handled in SQL.

I don't see where to obtain the version info.
All I see is JPD810.

Thank you.

Hi bkg73123,
If you don't know "... if this can be handled in SQL", you are NOT supposed to handle it in SQL.
This is where a CNC (or DBA), or a Developer comes in handy.
If you do not have any available, try the Applications forum and see if an Application guru can offer help.
If not ... you will have to (bite the bullet and) change the value (with a couple of other colleagues) in a day, or two.
PS You do not need a mass database change, but a table update.
Welcome to The JDE_List,

I didn't see Order Policy Value in the R41805 either.

It can be handled by a SQL Table Update or a SQL Procedure. We've done this in the past in two ways:

1. A single SQL Update Statement if all the criteria can be put in the statement selecting the appropriate records.
2. A SQL Procedure. This is where we were given a list of item numbers in a spreadsheet to update. We then upload the spreadsheet to a temp file, then wrote a SQL Procedure to loop through the temp file, find the record in the database, and perform the update.

As Chimirel stated, your going to have to contact your CNC/DBA who has access to these tools.

Thank you all.
I have contacted our JDE support person internally
that may be able to do this with SQL.
I have also posted on the Applications forum.

Back