UBE server allocation

wainwrr

wainwrr

Well Known Member
We have 3 UBEs which call one another in turn R03B500X, R03B5005, R03B5001. The first two run sa intended on our secondaary UBE server in a single threaded queue but the third is mysteriously being submitted to the primary UBE server in the single threaded queue which is not configured on that server. The result is that it waits.
I have Active OCMs for *PUBLIC for all 3 UBEs pointing at the secondary UBE server. I've restarted all the servers since the OCM were last checked.

Please, what am I missing?

Just a question to make sure, but you added the OCM mappings to the Server Map side, right?

Yes and I'm sure we've got that right because the first two UBEs are correctly redirected. It's as if we had a mismatch between the object name in OCM and that being seeen at run time.

Where one UBE calls another are OCMs always checked or does the slave just follow the master's location?

Strange ...

I'm not sure how much this will help, but take a look at Oracle Doc ID 643483.1. It talks about inheritance of a job queue for a child process. It's meant for an AS/400, but maybe the setting will help you.

Strange is just one of the words I've used for this behaviour. Thanks for the link - interesting to see that order of precedence. But that's for queues and our UBE is staying in the right queue but taking itself off to a different server.

Richard,

From where are you submitting the first UBE? Is it from the web client? Or is it from a Fat client? Try submitting from the other client type and see if there is any difference?

Also do you have a debug log of the process?

Re: UBE server allocation *Solution

For completeness in case anybody runs in to the same isssuein the future.

The problem went away after a full package build followwed by a server reboot - the UBE server. It needed both and in that order.

Back