windows 2008 firewall impact on the JDE

chiask

my side had problem with the windows 2008 internal firewall
my issue is when i on the firewall the loading of the web is very slow and its did not load successful
and when i off the firewall the web load very fast

what had i missing here. i need some help here
do i need to put in rule in the firewall and how to do that.

I think you may need to bypass your localhost urls thru setting the IE options.

Chiask,

You need to review the setup of the firewall and do some tuning. I haven't played with the 2008 firewall, yet (maybe I'll build a VM this weekend
smile.gif
)....

Generally, you look through what's being trapped and make the adjustments for whatever your services need. Generally, you want to make sure that any of the JDE Ports going to/from the services are unrestricted - from within your intranet. Review for what's being trapped within Ports and Protocols... and, I'm probably missing a dozen other firewall key concepts... (it has been a long time since I worked on the Blue-Suited side of Law Enforcement)....

Any Mal-ware Services can have the same affect. Again, generally, you want to make access to the JDE folders fairly unrestricted from within your intranet.

NOTE: There is always risk from attacks (whether network or Mal-ware) and opening ports/folders increases that risk. Work with a knowledgeable member of your team - before taking any action. There is a fine line between Performance and Risk. It might be very handy to have someone else review the proposed changes.

IMHO

(db)

The key thing to remember with Windows 2008 is that there are three different firewalls: Public, Domain, and Private. This is a key difference from Windows 2003 and is a bit disorienting when you first start working with it.

Back