E9.2 Postman - Lost all my collections and workspaces

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

Not sure whats happened to Postman lately but I've come in to it today and all my collections are missing (I had a library for each ENV) also all my projects and global variables are missing.
I am signed in but it says unable to load workspaces and connect to their servers. Even on the online thin version

Any idea what may have happened? I think the scratch pad has updated to a lightwieght API client????? Or what do others use to call E1 ORCHs

Thanks

John

Last edited:
John, I had this happen not long ago!

Were you using the webclient or local client? Were you signed in to an account and syncing?

Like @alfredorz said I suspect that the issue is one of syncing or one of an accidental creation and switch of workspace, and your envs and other things are probably still out there under the original workspace. Hopefully you were using the web version or sync!

For E1 Orchs I use postman LOCAL (web uses a "cloud" agent that isn't recognized by our networking as internal, and there's the workaround involving installing a local agent but I think something at this company shut me down on using that), but I sync out to web so everything is saved nice and tidy!

I tried Insomnia also and it's a great tool. I combinate between Postman and Insomnia, depends project and needs.

John, I had this happen not long ago!

Were you using the webclient or local client? Were you signed in to an account and syncing?

Like @alfredorz said I suspect that the issue is one of syncing or one of an accidental creation and switch of workspace, and your envs and other things are probably still out there under the original workspace. Hopefully you were using the web version or sync!

For E1 Orchs I use postman LOCAL (web uses a "cloud" agent that isn't recognized by our networking as internal, and there's the workaround involving installing a local agent but I think something at this company shut me down on using that), but I sync out to web so everything is saved nice and tidy!
I've got the web address working, locally using the exe I just can't sign on

Good news is I can export thrm from the web as JSON files. So I may sign in to the web, export tham ALL. Sign out, remove data, sign back in locally and restore...?

I'll keep you 'post'ed I thank you ;)

Update

I signed into the web version and exported the collections
Took an update of the exe from their web amd ran it. Signed out, signed back in, imported collections (updated my now out of date password lol) and the exe desktop is firing fine

Can't believe no one laughed at my posted joke

Update

I signed into the web version and exported the collections
Took an update of the exe from their web amd ran it. Signed out, signed back in, imported collections (updated my now out of date password lol) and the exe desktop is firing fine

Can't believe no one laughed at my posted joke
Nice thanks for the follow up! I was on PTO so had to delay my laugh til now :D

There is a Postman to GitHub integration that backs up your collection to a GitHub repository.
You will never lose your tests and can track changes.

Back