E9.2 Grid format UDOs FORMAT - Anyway to make them global on ALL APPLVERs

JohnDanter2

JohnDanter2

VIP Member
Hi folks

Is there anyway to make grid formats global and work over ALL versions of the same APPL?

I am plodding my way through our retrofits and using UDOs wherever I can. So UDOs are perfect for now Row Exits we added or new GCs etc.
These seem to be global and work across ALL versions of an APPL as they are FORMEXTENSIONs
but....I then notice that after creating a grid format to rename grid columns, this only works in the the ZJDE0001 version or the version I was in when i made the GF changes.

I dont' want to have to create a new GF for each APPLVER

Or do folk know what row exit Copy to Versions in P98220U does please

Thanks

John

Last edited:
Follow up to this..... on renaming columns

If I create a grid format and make them default and public etc, how can I ensure a user with their own grid formats sees the column names I created?
I was hoping UDOs would do away with the need to use a FAT client to rename GCs

Thanks

John

The user can simply click the Save As button in the Grid Format Manager to start with a copy of the Shared Format, and modify it from there.

The user can simply click the Save As button in the Grid Format Manager to start with a copy of the Shared Format, and modify it from there.
Thanks. Issue is most already have their own formats. So it looks like they'd need to start again from my default as you say with the renamed columns.
Shame there is no wy to 'force' this on others....but I guess they may have renamed it themselves

Back