Transfer Activity Rules

badda_bing

Well Known Member
Hi all,

I'm having a problem with OMW that I just cannot get my head around.

Whenever we promote something from 21 to 26 the specs are copied from DV to PY as expected, but also copied to Production?

First things first, I checked the Transfer activity rules and no additional records in there that would force a 'double' copy. I have attached a screenshot of both 21->26 and 26->26.

I found this by accident when accidentally doing an visual ER compare get from my Dev machine for a newly created object comparing LOCAL to PD7333 and instead of getting the error that no specs exist in the selected location it succeeded and showed no differences??

I created a test object in a new project and promoted it to 26 and sure enough the specs are now in PD7333.

When I check in F98741 using UTB for PD7333 I can indeed see the specs for the objects however no records yet exist in the F9861 for the PD7333 pathcode?

Is there any other way that people know of that would force these central object records to be copied??

TIA

Paul

B7333 AS400 VR54

Hi.

It is strange.

Are you sure that you has not logged into your PD environment and checked out this object or used the get option?

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Thats what I was worried about at first - thinking it was probably a mistake I made. That is when I created a new project/object from scratch just to test this and had the same result?

Paul

Hi.

Perhaps you need to revise your ODBC settings for Central Objects in your workstation, and in the deployment server

Check if your PD7333 ocms are pointing to the PY7333 central object location (shared), I mean PD7333 environment pointing to PY specs, that can be one reason you directly see the changes in prod.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses.

I have checked all of the libraries defined within the client ODBC connections and all is fine.

I have checked all OCM's for Central objects and they are also correct although there is a bit of a caveat around this. When I arrived on site a couple of months ago PY was in fact setup incorrectly and had all sorts of things mapped incorrectly in PY - Mainly around control tables and the two web-gen tables in Central Objects. I corrected all of this some months ago but all of the old mappings are still in the OCM files but set to a status of NA, any chance this could be causing any problems? Wouldn't have thought so given that it is just F989999 and F989998 in Central Objects that were mapped wrong for PY.

TIA

Paul

Thanks for your help guys. Have resolved the problem and was as you thought - I just couldn't see for looking! Whoever created the datasource for Central Objects - PY7333 left the library at COPD7333 within oneworld. Until now I had only checked within windows.

Thanks again

Paul

Back