Run UBE from Command Line?

vasoov

Hello folks,

Is it possible to run UBEs from the command line on an Enterprise Server? How to assign the username, password and environment? For example R0010P version ZJE... I am using Windows and OWXE. Command line examples appreciated.

hi Vasoo,
we run ubes in the schedule all the time on Xe and attached is the source we use (- the passwords). It shouldn't take much modding to make it work for you. I haven't played with it on 8.12 yet but it's on my list.
Cheers,
Rich

The program is RUNUBE. If you search for it on the Customer Connection you will find plenty of documentation showing the parameters and how to use it.

Re: Run UBE from Command Line? SOLVED

The problem was that RUNUBE does not work when launched from a Remote Desktop Session as the ipc streams of RDP are not visible to the JDE services. The RUNUBE command must be run from the physical console of the server, or using the "Remote Desktops" admin tool, or launched from a batch file with the same Windows login running the JDE services. RUNUBE must also be launched from the system\bin32 folder.

We are on 8.11 and i would like to use runube command to launch a report.
First, i dont have runube.exe in my bin32/ folder. Can anyone suggest me how i can use this command.

Since you reference a BIN32 folder, then you are likely on a Windows or Unix-variant Enterprise Server?

Please look at your Server and Workstation Administration Guide, but the RUNUBE command is generally of the form:

runube <[-p|-P] [-f|-F|-d|-D passfile] [user password]> <Environment> <Role> <ReportName> <VersionName> <JobQueue> <"Interactive"|"Batch"> <"Print"|"Hold"> <"Save"|"Delete"> [Printer]

in the later Tools Releases. Exactly what the -p -f -D parameters mean are left as an exercise for the reader. (I always wanted to use that phrase outside of university.
smile.gif
)

Back