Location Of New Job Queue

bberens

All,

I'm a CNC noob so I'll apologize in advance if this is a dumb question... We've created a new job queue for some, not all, of our UBE's. The queue was created under a newly created JDEBATCH subsystem, NOT QBATCH. Oracle has said that the new queue "should be moved to the QBATCH subsystem because all their documentation references QBATCH". We would like the new job queue to run under the JDEBATCH subsystem. I can submit jobs to the queue under the JDEBATCH subsystem and the jobs run fine, however E1 shows them as 'waiting' forever.

(sorry for getting long winded) Here's my two part question, do any of you with 400's run UBE in a job queue other than QBATCH??? And, is there anything in the software to configure for this?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

B

E812 - TR 8.97
AS/400 V5R4
Wintel - IBM Webshpere 6.0
Wintel - IBM Portal

There are a couple of places where this can be set. When you say the jobs all show in "W" status, are you seeing that the jobs are going to the right job queue name?

You need to set the job queue in the JAS.INI of your JAS instance, in the Job Queue application under Report Management on the fat client, and it wouldn't hurt to put an entry in the UDC table 98/JQ.

Failing that, you could also try increasing the JDENETTimeout value under [NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS] of your Enterprise Server's JDE.INI file.

[ QUOTE ]
There are a couple of places where this can be set. When you say the jobs all show in "W" status, are you seeing that the jobs are going to the right job queue name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, they are sent to the newly created job queue. WSJ shows them "Waiting" with the new job queue.

[ QUOTE ]
You need to set the job queue in the JAS.INI of your JAS instance, in the Job Queue application under Report Management on the fat client, and it wouldn't hurt to put an entry in the UDC table 98/JQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I need to set the job queue in the JAS.ini if only certain jobs will run within the new queue? I did create the UDC entry.

[ QUOTE ]
Failing that, you could also try increasing the JDENETTimeout value under [NETWORK QUEUE SETTINGS] of your Enterprise Server's JDE.INI file.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not inclined to change the timeout value in the server INI. Reason being, the job status works great when it runs in the QBATCH subsystem.

Thanks for the reply, it's very much appreciated.

Cheers

-B

Back