Upgrade estimation tool

EONECNC

Well Known Member
We would like to design a tool for upgrade estimation with following capabilities

1.To identify precisely all the enhancements to the JDE system.
2.Line by line comparison of all JDE objects(APPL codes, NERS, TBLS etc) highlighting all differences from simple layout changes to Complex code changes
3.Analysis of copied objects with their standard counterpart
4.A report which gives a count of Custom objects, Mods to Standard, Copies of standard, custom stand alone, Efforts required to retrofit in hours/months etc

and calculate upgrade estimates.

So I need the inputs from JDE community on

1.How to rate the complexity of objects to calculate efforts required for each type of JDE objects
2.Algorithm to calculate upgrade time by object/object type
3.To extract Event rules/Codes for App, BSVW, TBLE, GT, DSTR,BSFN,UBE automatically from Modified environment and pristine environment and from which location on the servers.

Regards

Wilfred

Hi Wilfred,

Some of those requirements are included in JDE, others are
PFMS (Pure Freaking Magic Software), and others come
with HW&E (Human Work & Experience)

1. Comes with PFMS Enterprise Version
2. Available within JDE, ER Compare Tool
3. Same as previous
4. Can be extracted from OL tables, except for the
estimation of hours that comes as an interoperability
package of PFMS and HW&E.

1. HW&E Standard version
2. PFMS 64bits DataCenter version
3. There are 3rd party tools for that in the market

Yes, just as Sebastien said ;-)

I just wanted to add that after dumping the code into text files with the third-party tool (I think, he was referring to OneAssist), the text files can be very nicely compared between each other using somethiing like Beyond Compare tool.

Plus, for your #4 in the capabilities block, there's a third-party solution too - you can Google for "esu command center" to find it. It was, effectively, designed with the same idea in mind...

Hi Alex,

Yes, that was the tool I was referring to!
Thanks

Why would you want to re-do it then? It's far from trivial.

Actually, the combination of OneAssist/BeyondCompare and ESU Command Center would be functionally very close to this tool...

Back