looking for JDE - EDI solutions

JohnnyCNC

Hi all,

We have recently decided to use EDI for POs and invoices with our JDE 8.0 system. Does anyone have any experience on how best to integrate Gentran EDI into JDE EDI? I believe I can either generate a file from Gentran and import it using JDE UBEs or I can use odbc to write the EDI data directly to JDE tables. Neither seems to be well documented on the Gentran side.

Any help with this would be appreciated. In particular, if anyone has a Gentran inbound 850 odbc map that they an share, that would be a real time saver for me.

Thanks in advance.
Bruce

Hi,
It would be great to use Gentran Integration Suite provided by Sterling Commerce instead of using old Gentran Server.

However,either of these can be used for integratiion with JDE.

Inorder to get the Inbound orders in JDE following can be done
1) Receive Customers order using VANS or something else in EDI Format.
2) Translate/Covert these EDI orders into Flat Files
(CSV format) using GIS or Gentran.
3) Exectue the JDE UBE R47002C to pick up the CSV file.This UBE will add the data in the CSV file in the EDI Interface Tables(F47xxx)
4) Using R47011 these data from EDI INterface Tables can be transfered to E1 Sales Tables.

Hope this helps...

EDI Guide attached below..Provide me your email address I will mail you the EDI guide which contains all the detials..Tried attaching here but the pdf is too big to be attached.

Hi Vaibhav..

I am looking to implement EDI 850 with Gentran as well and wanted to know if there is a certain order that fields in the Gentran export need to be in for R47002C to run?

Thanks.

Shawn

Using EDI for your PO processing will speed up processing and improve accuracy! Good job!

Now, there are some 'quirks' with JDE for processing PO 850 transactions. Some I will outline here, but others we should discuss.

First of all, while others recommend you map the inbound EDI data to a 'flat file', JDE provides a series of specialized files (F47....) that allow you to map directly into the JDE framework. (much more efficient and eliminates the interim mapping step... also good for SOX and Internal Audit requirements).

Many companies who will send you PO 850 documents also require you to return certain information on the invoice (EDI 810) or ASN (EDI 856), such as reference numbers etc. JDE is not that great when accomodating this 'extra' bit of information. You may have to use a series of 'tag' files to accommodate this additional data (this is not easily done with flat files, but is pretty straightforward when using the F47 files).

You may find this white paper of interest: http://www.msc-inc.net/ERP_Implementation.htm.

Also, this generalized JDE PO 850 procedure may help you get started: http://www.msc-inc.net/Documents/MSC-Sample-Work/Client_EDI220_EDI_Mapping.htm

Hope this helps. Give me a call if you require additional assistance!

Cheers,

Skip Stein
Management Systems Consulting, Inc.

Back