In EO812 - what are RIS* versions ?

altquark

altquark

Legendary Poster
After an install/upgrade, I see a bunch of RIS versions out there. I know that these are not from the customers versions - they're definitely from EnterpriseOne - but there are only header records (F983051) and nothing is in the F98761 - so there is no real detail.

there are thousands of entries in the F983051 for these "RIS" versions - so I'm concerned that maybe some versions didn't get brought over from somewhere.

Does anyone know what these "RIS" versions are - I'm thinking they're for the Rapidstart stuff - but I want to make sure before I delete them.

All the XJDE and ZJDE versions seem to be fine, by the way.

R - Rapid
I - Implementation
S - Something...

This was something JDE was trying to do a few years back to get there functional implementation done in 90 days.

I am not sure how they are used but I don't think you want to delete them.

Yes, they are Rapid Start versions but I've never used them so I can't personally give much detail on them or give any examples where they would be really helpful.

I think therefore they're the Rapidstart stuff - but, of course, the versions don't have any detail (just the headers). I'm going to change security for all the RIS versions to "3" so that nobody can run them !

Jon,

This is a coincidence! I have just asked that same question to a consultant who was doing some training for us today. He said that these versions are for Rapid Implementation Startup. The idea being to use these versions as a base to get a new implementation up and running quickly. They are not related to ZJDE or XJDE versions which can be hard coded and/or defaulted for use by JDE. The consultant said that they can safely be deleted.

Back