TC temporary tables for Xe to 8.11 Upgrade

Bartek Czupa

Bartek Czupa

Programmer’s Guide – XE to 8.11 SP1 lists objects required for running for each TC program, so for example R8942199D requires table F42199A.

F42199A is a new table which specification is brought to system by 8.11 SP1 installation and obviously do not exist in data source being upgraded ‘in place’.

Unfortunately TC program fails is the required temporary table is not found in data source. TC are run on the deployment.

Is it normal that TC fails if such a new table is not existing ?

Is there an easy way to generate all these tables or configure system somehow to generate them on the fly during conversion ?

To go trough hundreds conversions programs requirements to find what are prerequisites for each and generate these tables io OMW is a pain … and I will be upgrading another Xe the next month, so to find out how to make it easier is essential.

I will appreciated any help .

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem during an B8.9 to E8.12
upgrade. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any workaround
or fix to solve this annoying problem.
I found ~150 of these new tables during the DV upgrade,
so, I took note of them and created them manually before
the PY and PD upgrades.
Regards

I know the upgrade guide says that the "data load" buttons don't mean anything anymore, but I've found that they do.

If you can dig up your old upgrade guides from previous versions, you were always told to "Load Production Data" and to set a particular version of R98403 to run, usually XJDE0001 or XJDE0005. I usually use XJDE0001. The manual shows XJDE0033, but you have seen this version does almost nothing.

You should still do this so that the Installation Workbench will create all the new tables during the Environment Workbench step, and so the new tables will be available when the Table Conversion step comes up.

Apologies if my memory is going, as it has been more than 1.5 years since I did such an upgrade, but this is what I remember doing.

Thanks, it may do the trick. I will check if I can use R98403 to create all tables that do not exist by simply copy JDEPLAN to the previous path code. PO set to ‘Load Production Data’ seems to do that.

For the time, I run manually R98403 version XJDE0039 to create tables for product code 89 (conversion tables) but there is more new tables that just 89’s.

You could manually run the UBE from JDEPLAN, or you could also run it from a fat client that has the new version of E1 installed. It should be able to see the specs for the new tables, and as long as the processing options are set right, you don't have to worry about overwriting old tables. Remember to run it LOCAL.

Also, remember to alter the Installation Plan the next time you upgrade an environment, and you won't have to do it later.

Back