problem on web gen

ITLOGAN

Hi everyone, I have old reports which are running in FAT but not available in web, I web generated so that it can be viewed from the web client, what I did is performed a web gen on the report but unfortunately after i performed the webgen the report still cannot be seen from the web client...what should i be doing to have it fixed? thanks a lot!

i'm running on
E1 Version: 8.11
E1 tool release: 8.94.I1
Enterprise/JAS/DB - HP-Unix
Deployment server - winNT

ITLOGAN,

Firstly, ensure that you have the latest changes (if any) on the web generation machine by building and deploying an update package, containing the reports and their versions, to the web generation machine.

Secondly, using the generation list text file produced by the update package building process, perform a bulk web generation.

If the reports and versions are not available on the web, you may have to refresh the cache or restart the web services.

I hope this helps.

Are you saying that after you generated your object, you could not get it to run? What is the error you are getting? A screen shot, or maybe some lines from the jas.log would be helpful ...

here's the problem...

I have 2 old reports which are available and running in fat client, the report can be seen in web when i do a BV but when i run the report it doesnt show/submit when I check on the WSJ. Thinking that a webgen can fix and post this on web, so what I did is performed a webgen but unfortunately the report still doesn't submit on WSJ of the web.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying that after you generated your object, you could not get it to run? What is the error you are getting? A screen shot, or maybe some lines from the jas.log would be helpful ...

[/ QUOTE ]

These are old reports which are available and runs in fat client, when this job gets submitted in the fat client, i can see them in the WSJ in FAT,

The reports can bee seen in the web client when I do a BV for the said reports in web, but when I submit this via the web client, the submitted job doesn't show up in WSJ of the web client so somehow the report cannot be submitted.

I already performed a webgen for the reports but still doesn't submit/appear in wsj when i submit a job via the web.

ITLOGAN,

A few questions:

Are the reports installed on the Enterprise Server? Do you run them locally on the fat client? Can you run them on the Enterprise Server from the fat client?

[ QUOTE ]
ITLOGAN,

A few questions:

Are the reports installed on the Enterprise Server? Do you run them locally on the fat client? Can you run them on the Enterprise Server from the fat client?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Peterbruce,

yup, they are installed on the ES, I can run the report locally on fat, I can also run them on the ES via fat.

and just to be really clear
1. Can you submit other reports succesfully on the web?
2. Does this situation arise for all pathcodes?
3. Is there no trace at all in WSJ for the jobs?
4. Are there any unusual table mappings in OCM for the web environments?

ITLOGAN,
Make sure you deploy to your egen machine and generate all the objects for the report. For example, for R0008P:

- R0008P (base UBE)
- R0008P|* (versions)
- T0008P (Processing Option Template)

Make sure you clear your JAS spec cache when you're done.

Have you verified that your egen machine has the [JDBj-SPEC DATA SOURCE] section of you jdbj.ini file commented out, or points to the appropriate datasource for your env's F989998 and F989999 tables?

Also check your server logs to see what the error(s) are. That may indicate where the problem lies.

Hi,

Please, check the following :

SELET COUNT(*) FROM xx812.F989998 and F989999
before and after the WebGen.
If it's not altered, then you're not running WebGen
against your Central Objects, then it's quite probable
that you're doing against local tables on the
WebGen machine.
If that's the case, you'll have to fix the JAS.INI and
JDBJ.INI files on your WebGen computer.

All these replies about doing the generation, but I'm not sure we've touched on what the issue really is.

If the report can submit from the fat client both ways, but it acts like it's being ignored on the web client, then we should look at the logs from the JAS server. If you've got any kind of logging turned on, we should be able to see an error after you hit OK on the Printer Selection screen.

Let's take a look at that error, then we'll see what needs to be done.

You may need to webgen the Business View(s) the UBE is using, and the Table(s) the BSVW(s) are using, too!
PS The UBE's ER printout would help us figure out what the problem is.

Warm regards,

ITLOGAN,

I agree with Ken that, no matter what the cause, there should be an error recorded somewhere. In addition to the JAS logs that Ken mentioned, it would also be interesting to see the UBE Kernel log from the Enterprise Server to see if the report submit actually made it as far as the Enterprise Server.

Hi Everyone, thanks for the replies, I really appreciate it. Unfortunately I still was not able to resolve the problem on the two reports that not available in the web client.

I performed a package deployment last night for a new project and I did not encounter a problem, the jobs are submitting properly in fat and in web. but for the two projects in issue I'm still having problems pulling it up on the web client.

I can do a BV for the two reports in web but when I submit it and check it in WSJ via web it doesn't show up on the queue but when I do this in the fat i can run it locally or submit it to ES via fat and also when i check on the wsj it says there that it finished without errors...im totally lost on how to fix this

[ QUOTE ]
All these replies about doing the generation, but I'm not sure we've touched on what the issue really is.

If the report can submit from the fat client both ways, but it acts like it's being ignored on the web client, then we should look at the logs from the JAS server. If you've got any kind of logging turned on, we should be able to see an error after you hit OK on the Printer Selection screen.

Let's take a look at that error, then we'll see what needs to be done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the reply, when I submit the job via web I dont see any errors it's just that the job doesn't show up in the web's wsj...I haven't turned on any logging as the transactions are heavy everyday it will eat up a lot of space from my server...i'll see if i can turn it on just for this test.

what objects did you include in your package?
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
what objects did you include in your package?
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Adrian, I only have the 2 reports included in the project.

OK, the logs from the Enterprise Server will be a little tough to get. You'll have to wait for a time where you can bounce the services to turn on debug, try the UBE, then turn off debug and bounce the services again. We've all been there and understand that.

Is there a way to get the logs from the JAS server? This might be a better, more readily available source of logs, since some level of logging is always on. It's possible we could find the source of the problem in there first, since it seems to be a problem only with the web client. You may not have to mess around with the debug logs on the Enterprise Server ...

[ QUOTE ]
OK, the logs from the Enterprise Server will be a little tough to get. You'll have to wait for a time where you can bounce the services to turn on debug, try the UBE, then turn off debug and bounce the services again. We've all been there and understand that.

Is there a way to get the logs from the JAS server? This might be a better, more readily available source of logs, since some level of logging is always on. It's possible we could find the source of the problem in there first, since it seems to be a problem only with the web client. You may not have to mess around with the debug logs on the Enterprise Server ...

[/ QUOTE ]

My ES and JAS resides on one machine running HP-UNIX, environments are in the same box too! (bad set-up but its all we can afford)...can a web gen machine log help?

Try looking directly in the F986110 in your server map datasource for the job and see if there is any difference between the record inserted from the fat client and the web client (is there a record from the web client).

In particular look at the column that holds the job queue (if the jobs are there and in waiting status then this is probably the area that you need to look at).

Back