Current PC Hardware Formulary for 8.11 / 8.12 - Best Performance

JD_

I have searched the archives and do not see an answer to my question. I have the Oracle Whitepaper which outlines performance tuning and it mentions a P4 processor. I am looking for feedback from people in the field of what the maximum processor, memory, and video card should be to get the maximum performance from 811 SP1. We will use this as our standard formulary. We were thinking a Dual Core Processor with 1 GB of RAM, but want feedback from this forum if possible.

Are you looking for best specs for a client workstation, deployment server, enterprise server, JAS server, Citrix server, etc.?

Your line about 1 GB seems to point towards a client workstation, but I wanted to make sure before answering more fully ...

Hi Kenneth, I apologize. Yes I am looking for workstations. I am trying to get the most powerful standard without having more power than we need or will see benefit from within JDE. We will have about 600 concurrent users soon and we only have about 300 now, so we are putting together a formulary.

Back