R98825D reports No Data Selected when ESU pkg is deployed to Enterprise Server

Devki

Lately i have been having trouble with deploying ESU pkg in PY and PD but works in DV. All install and build reports are clean - meaning sucessful but when i deploy the update pkg in PY - R98825D reports no data selected and therefore the ESU does not work in PY.
I had opened a call regarding this issue earlier this year and yes the full build in PY and PD does the trick but i do not have the time for full build each time.
Any ideas for less time consuming process would be greatly appreciated.
This was not happening before - and i have been installing ESUs since we first started with OW Xe in 2001.

devki

We are on OW Xe Update 7 SP23_K1 DB2/400 iseries

I have been having the same problem, even on E811 SP1. Instead of using the pre-built package, I have been creating my own update package, and populating the objects by searching for the appropriate project name that is also created by the ESU.

I haven't looked, but I think it may have something to do with the way the default update package is being specified by the ESU process. Once you specify a package the normal way, it all works as expected.

If I'm not mistaken I believe the pre built update package created by the ESUs are created based off the full package included during the original install process, for example, DV811FA. If you deleted that package it may be the cause of the issue, but I've never actually looked into. Just a thought.

Back