JDE Archiving tool

cncjay

Well Known Member
Hello All - Can someone please recommend a solid JDE archiving tool.

We are on E1 8.10 NT/SQL platform.

Regards,
Jay

Take a look at Optim from Princeton Softech. It has purging for Sales, PO, AP, AR, GL, Inventory and others. You can also write your own custom purge scripts. It safely archives and then deletes your data. We are using it for our North America instance (Windows 2003/SQL 2000) and our South American instance (AS 400/Oracle Database) using a combination of canned, modified and totally custom scripts. Take a search on this site, there was a thread a few months back on this same topic with other suggestions as well.

Gregg Larkin
Praxair North American System Admin
JDE CNC and Security, Websphere, Tidal, Princeton Softech

This is a whitepaper I found from Princeton Softech about JDE archiving. It may be helpful.

M.S.

Attachments

• 121627-Anatomy of a JDE Archiving Solution.pdf
    93.5 KB · Views: 398
Hi Jay,

Princeton Softech's Archiving tool is a good way to Archive Data and it even compresses the data and that to in text format. So this reduces the size significantly and besides that it has the capability to Restore that data.

It works for E1 8.10 for both SQL and Oracle.

Regards,
Raj

Hello, Jay-- I saw a user+vendor case study presentation at our regional user group meeting by Nirav Shah from Essentio (Rockford, Illinois) and a local customer on "The Right Approach to Purging and Archiving." I was impressed by the complexity of an archiving project.

You may find this page helpful: http://www.essentio.com/solutions.htm

-Tim

P.S. Be sure to post here or in the Third-Party Applications forum sometime on how your project went!

Check out Purge IT for OneWorld/E1 from Klik It Ltd - www.klik-it.co.uk. Developed within the OneWorld toolset and includes full validation across modules. Data can be archived into a seperate environment via OCM mappings and then viewed using the supplied applications. As its pre-configured there's no need to spend time working out what can and what can't be archived cos it will only archive data that passes full validation. Audit logs illustrate data that can not be archived and why. All in all well worth a look for data integrity is maintained at all times.

Back