Busbuild crashes with memory violation

aimeeb

Hi.

I am currently migrating some servers. The existing configuration is E1 XE (B7333) Sp22_G1. The deployemnent server (DEPSVR1) was Windows 2000. The enterprise server (EMEAJDE1) is OS/400 V5R1.

I have migrated the deployment server to a new Win 20003 server successfully. This server has also been named DEPSVR1. We have a new As/400 enterprise (OWS01). This server is V5R4. Hence I know I need to go to SP23. I have created multi foundation on the deployment server for SP22_G1 and SP23_N1. I have created a separate environment to test SP23 on OWS01. This environment is SP7333. I have successfully run PORTTEST for SP7333 on SP23_N1 on the new server OWS01. All other standard environments (DV,PY,PD) continue to run on the old server at SP22_G1 and V5R1.

My problem is that when I try to build my first full package build for SP7333 at SP23_N1, the package crashes with memeory violation errors at the start of BUSBUILD. The specs have all built successfully, the problems happens when it starts to try to build the business functions. The central objects for SP7333 are in library COSP7333 on OWS01. We are using i-series access for Windows version V5R4 service pack SI20465 - I didn't know if this is what may be causing the issue?

Any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

I have also configued an application server for SP7333. This is Windows 2003 and called OWWS01. This server will just be used to process some batch applications. At the moment the only pathcode is SP7333 at SP23_N1. When I try to run a PORTTEST for SP7333 on this server, it crashes with a memory violation if I leave the security server blank. If I enter the security server - OWS01 - and run porttest again it fails because it can connect to security server OWS01. I have checked all the ODBCs and they seem OK. The i-series access for windows on this server is the same on the dep server. Could this also the be the cause of the problem on here?

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

Currently XE Sp22_G1, OS/400 V5r1

going to Xe_SP23_N1, OS400 V5R4

Apply the following PTF's for V5R4:

SI24568
SI24572
SI24569

(No they are not on the APAR)

Colin,

Thanks for the info. Is that from experience of similar issues? I was not involved with setting up the i-series.

Do you mind if I ask what service pack version of i-series access you would recommend for V5R4?

Many thanks again,

Rob

Rob,

I had the same issue migrating a machine from V5R2 to V5R4 (go-live this weekend).

You'll have the same issue with ANY JDE external call executable (FDA, UTB, BUSBUILD, etc.)

I'm using the same iSeries Access release as you are and it works fine.

After you apply the PTF's make sure that you delete all the SQL packages (except the Q's).

Again, Colin, thanks for the help. I hope I can return the favour sometime.

I will get the PTFs installed and post the outcome.

Rob

Colin,

Sorry for not posting back earlier. The PTFs did indeed fix the problem - not that I doubted you!

Many thanks for your help,

Rob

Back