8.12 Upgrade issues - Bring it on

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
So we started the Xe to 8.12 upgrade and up to this point it was smooth sailing. We got PS812 installed without issues, then we applied the planner ESU to Pristine and then attempted to build an update package, this is where it all happened....what you may ask at this point we have no idea
grin.gif
on entering the package build application on the DEP server I get a pop up that says "Can Not Set Selection", click ok a few times and then the package assembly screen appears and says file corruption, what file...that remains a mystery, that is in the DEP812 environment...so at this point I already have 2 issues opened with Oracle and I am only into this for less than a day.....

Cleo,

you are very very brave, or a glutten for punishment!
grin.gif
Have fun blazing the 8.12 trail! We'll be along shortly, if by shortly you mean two or three years......

Gregg "Mr. Solution Explorer Guy" Larkin

Well we are into day 4 of the 8.12 upgrade and frankly it is not going that bad thus far. We just got done with table conversion, there were some minor issues with memory access violations but they seem to be random. We have a case open with Oracle on this, because we are worried that if we submit all the table conversions it will crash big time, but it seems running a few at a time works well.

I think we did notice that the data sources are hard coded somewhere so if you change Control Tables - Test to Control Tables TEST TC fails so we had to go back and change them all back to the default.

We are getting ready to run spec merge so I will keep you posted.

Oh yeah
cool.gif
and some how TC wipped out my F9000 table after it failed, then we re-ran it and the data was gone ....way cool
cool.gif

Network Deployment Manager for 8.12 WAS 6.0.2

We are at the point where we would like to install ND (I think) but from what we are seeing/thinking is that ND either needs to have a dedicated server or runs on a seperate port as an separate app server. Has anyone done this?

After we installed WAS and created a profile we are able to start the services and so far it looks fine, however we are not able to see any Web server in the WAS admin console. We are thinking of installing the JDE JAS components and see if that creates a web server.....does anyone have any info..............
confused.gif

Hi Cleo,

Network Deployment runs as a seperate profile and a seperate port. WAS 6 has an installation wizard that allows you set that up easily. You can start off as a single server and then tack on ND, or vice versa. it does not require a seperate server.

Now the $64,000 question, does E1 support WAS 6? I tried it with XE and Service pack 23 and ran into a brick wall. In theory, a WAS 6 server supports apps developed for WAS 5. But, at least in the XE world, we are not deploying war file, we are using JDE to do the installation, so all bets are off. What is the word from Oracle, do they support WAS 6?

Gregg,

E1 supports WAS 6.02 begining Tools Release 8.96. So Cleo should be good to go as far as WAS 6 is concerened. Now there's you free answer to the $64000 question..
wink.gif

Well we opened up a case with Oracle....for whatever reason the plug-in is not generating correctly and the web server is not showing up in the WAS console so when we attempt to install JAS it is not finding the web server.

The documentation for WAS and JAS is not very detail either, there is one screen that says and I quote
"if no web server definitions are found, the installer will display an error message and will not let you proceed."

Ok so I got the error message...but the fail to tell you how to fix it
ooo.gif

We'll see what their response is......I bet they will say that happened because I installed WAS on the D:\ drive
grin.gif

Hi ..
Could you please let me know the steps involved in the upgrade process ..
regards,
Manohar

Back