8.95 JAS generator system mismatch error

imatlas

I just completed installing 8.95.J1 on my JAS server. This machine will also be my JAS generator machine, a configuration I've never had trouble with previously. It is a Windows 2003 SP1 server running Websphere 5.

I copied the \e811\system\generator directory to a separate location, configured and ran gen.bat. It passes all of the validation steps, until I get the following error:

"Generator and system don't match.

Generator level: EnterpriseOne_8.94C.062204 and System level: EnterpriseOne_8.95B_041805"

The e811\system\ptf.log file correctly shows 8.95.J1. Where is it getting this "generator level" from?

Attachments

• 106192-Generator and system don\'t match error.JPG
    106192-Generator and system don\'t match error.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 117
As of 8.95 you no longer use gen.bat to do a web gen.........you use Launchgen.bat.

Also Websphere Express is required to do a generation.

Websphere Express is not supported on Windows 2003 but you can still install it and it works fine.

Check the instructions for the HTML Server install and for the WEBDEV client.

Colin

Yep, there are two generator scripts you can configure (that's why the shortcut Launchgen.bat Colin mentioned...) in two different locations in 8.95:

JAS\EA_JAS_80.ear\webclient.war\gen.bat
(WASE, which you need to install beforehand)

and

system\OC4J\j2ee\home\applications\webclient.ear\webclient\gen_oas.bat
(OC4J)

I suggest following the 8.95 instructions, as things have changed. The easiest way, if you don't want to get fancy, is (after all of your JDK folders and database driver files are set-up on the deploymant server) is to install the "WEbDev" feature for the platform you want (OC4J or WebSphere), as the book suggests, which also installs and configures most of the generator settings for you.

Back