Error in Inserting Multiple Lines

eSky

eSky

Well Known Member
I have done the migration from AS400 to Sun Solaris.
And at database level it is from DB2 to Oracle.

We have done first step migration, where everything is moved except the Production Business Data.

During testing the functional people comes up with the issue of multiple lines Insertion.
It is a customized application. The application insert single line in the table, but when it insert more than one line it gives an error.
Primary Key of table is – MCU+MCUL+Date+LNID.

The error it throws for LNID primary key. In Multi line, when application insert second line it throws error of violation of Primary Key LNID.

On AS400, it inserts single line in database and then increment the LNID and then inserts the second line.

Here in Sun Server, it tries to insert all the line simultaneously and thus cause issue of same LNID. It looks like the Sun Server have some Cache Memory and that is causing the problem.

Can anyone faced the same issue on Sun Server?

hey sam if u could give me your contact number or email address we can touchbase and see if we can solve the issue. or else you can get in touch with me 201-355-4501. raymond.

Thanks Rohit.

Dropped u a mail at ur systime email id.

I m from India and as this would be a night for you, dont think to disturb u right now.

Hope to year ur reply on mail soon.

Thanks in Advance.

Back