Undocumented 'Trick' - Clicking Find?

davepower

Undocumented \'Trick\' - Clicking Find?

I've been told by someone that an undocumented 'Trick' to speeding up job processing is to click find repeatedly. I have a hard time believing the statement. Can anyone confirm or refute the 'Trick'?

Re: Undocumented \'Trick\' - Clicking Find?

We have found the F5 key works much better than clicking the find key.

I don't know who told you about this trick as it is top secret. If you've found the plans for the wood stretcher and left turning screw drivers please post as well.

totally bogus. Click happy users may do that but it won't speed things up. Who told you that?

A person who works for me told me that only business partners know of the 'Trick'. I found the statement very hard to believe and I figure that jdelist would be the best place to confirm or refute the statement. Thanks Larry.

I believe he is referring to the find button in Work Submitted job screen. I think this is joke which went a little far. There is no trick it just frustrating users clicking the find button to see the flag change from P to D. This is normal in situation where machine response time is very slow.

Adios.

Dave,

totally counterproductive. All clicking on find will do is slow down the system. every time you click on find, you're sending a query to the server. The more you send, the slower things will get. If you are working on Citrix, you are also sending more screen refresh requests, sucking up network bandwidth. Someone is yanking your chain. That being said, I'm as guilty as the next guy is doing exactly what I just dissed!!
grin.gif

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

VERY TRUE!!!! However, you forgot to ention that you have to hop around on your left foot 3 times, and click the mouse button with your right pinky.

That only works for lefthanders.

And here I thought just re-submitting it over and over again made it run
faster... Whodathunkit?

davepower
<davepower@hydroo
ttawa.com> To
Sent by: [email protected]
jdelist-bounces@j cc
delist.com
Subject
Undocumented 'Trick' - Clicking
03/14/2006 02:10 Find?
PM

Please respond to
JD Edwards®
EnterpriseOne

I've been told by someone that an undocumented 'Trick' to speeding up job
processing is to click find repeatedly. I have a hard time believing the
statement. Can anyone confirm or refute the 'Trick'?

After speeding up the job with this trick, if it doesn't print, click print again and again till it prints. It's bound to print by the 17th time you send it to the printer.

[ QUOTE ]
And here I thought just re-submitting it over and over again made it run<br>faster... Whodathunkit?<br><br><br><br><br><br> <br> davepower <br> <davepower@hydroo <br> ttawa.com> To <br> Sent by: [email protected] <br> jdelist-bounces@j cc <br> delist.com <br> Subject <br> Undocumented 'Trick' - Clicking <br> 03/14/2006 02:10 Find? <br> PM <br> <br> <br> Please respond to <br> JD Edwards® <br> EnterpriseOne <br> <br> <br><br><br><br><br>I've been told by someone that an undocumented 'Trick' to speeding up job<br>processing is to click find repeatedly. I have a hard time believing the<br>statement. Can anyone confirm or refute the 'Trick'?<br><br><br><br>

[/ QUOTE ]

I always advice power users to use the super secret "Alt-F4".

Dang! I was just starting to build an application that would automate the "click find" process. Sort of a self service app for impatient users. ;-)

This reminds me of the data center operator who kept a rather loud, unplugged keyboard next to his phone. Whenever users would call to complain that batch processing had slowed to a crawl, he would pound rather agressively on the keyboard until the users determine it was sufficiently addressing the performance problem and they'd hang up with a "thank you!"

I've rather found that many of Murphy's laws work on the Enterprise.

One of the law states that 'If you are in a hurry, all signals turn red and if you have lots of time, all signals turn green'.

Somehow, whenever I need a job to run fast, the system just waits....no amount of 'Find' Clicks help
mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't Murphy one of the original programmers for OneWorld? I hear he moved on to Oracle. He's the head programmer for Project Fusion.....

Charles,

way off in rough ...

I used to play StarCraft on Battle-Net frequently. Telling obnoxious youngsters about the "Alt-F4 Enter" to open/run faster frequently worked. Suddenly they'd disconnect ... and we could go on with our game without the juvenile run-at-the mouths
wink.gif

Thanks for the reminder!

ROTFL
grin.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't Murphy one of the original programmers for OneWorld? I hear he moved on to Oracle. He's the head programmer for Project Fusion.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now...we are the only one's in our 'right' minds...think about it!!!

You guys are all really irritating me today...first you divulge my secret method of speeding up E1...next you're going to tell me repeatedly pressing the elevator button doesn't make it bypass all other requests to just stop for me...or worse yet, that the F5 key pressed repeatedly doesn't activate the additional unused processors that are installed in any iSeries to cause it to process jobs faster.

Please do us all a favor, if any of you "naysayers" out there have anything to say about Santa, the Easter Bunny, the Holy Grail, the "Any" key, or the existence of EnterpriseOne 8.12 GA with no defects...just keep them to yourselves please!

I think a better one to lump in with Santa and the Easter Bunny would be Project Fusion as I heard Santa has his elves working on it and it is going to be distributed in little pink Easter Eggs by the Easter Bunny.

I heard it all from the Tooth Fairy who I find to be a reliable source...

Speaking of elevators, I once heard about an Otis elevator. They said that if you were going down in a tall building, pressing the floor you were going to and the close door buttons at the same time would force it to skip past all the other floors. Nice trick if you can get it to work - but who knows how true this is.

Back