DEPLOY

Pearl Jabm

Pearl Jabm

I knew tha Oracle finally released some kind of application that generates serial codes to reinstall the DEPLOYMENT server in case you need to move it to another server. Since we knew that Knowledge Garden is closing next year we are trying to download everything that makes out system more stable until we decide to move in to 8.11 or to something else. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

Can you provid us with a bit more info n the Knowledge Garden closing. Where did you read that it is closing ? what is replacing it.

Thanks

Pearljabm <[email protected]> wrote:
I knew tha Oracle finally released some kind of application that generates serial codes to reinstall the DEPLOYMENT server in case you need to move it to another server. Since we knew that Knowledge Garden is closing next year we are trying to download everything that makes out system more stable until we decide to move in to 8.11 or to something else. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

I'm sorry I wasn't that clear on my last post. I meant we (as an enterprise) are not sure about re-newing our subscription with Oracle for the next year so the technical support will end this end of the year for us. Which not mean the KB is closing for all the users. Yet there are some rumours in our national JDE users community about this, unconfirmed rummours.

That's why we are trying to download as more as we can to assure our installation at least to the time we are sure to move to either 8.11 or 8.12. Or to another platform.

I apologise for this mistake.

Pearljam,

Here is what we did. We signed a support contract with TomorrowNow. This gave us similiar support to what we were using GSS for. Then, we went download crazy before our Oracle contract expired. We downloaded every service pack, ESU and ASU we found. You never know what you might need. Inside of each ESU is a small HTML page that tells you what sars are inside and any special instructions. I used winzip to view each ESU and extracted each of the html pages. That took me about a week. I then installed google desktop on my deployment server to act as a search engine. Now I can type in "Sar 56789" into the google desktop and find all of the ESUs that contain that SAR. In effect, I created a mini Knowledge Garden for our ESU library.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

I think what you are looking for is the SPCSelfService pogram. You can now generate your own codes without having to call in.

Greg, thanks for you reply .. and yes that's why I'm doing exactly. I just the downloaded the SPCSelfService and now I'm downloading everything I can from KB before our contract is over.

About TomorrowNow, what's your experience working with them on resolving your issues?

We also are seaching for some other Consultory services because we still don't know if we are going to keep Xe running or if we are gonna move to 8.10 or something else.

I'd like to know if someone of you guys knows if, as a part of the contract, the users are allowed to request the 8.10 installation pack, that according to our contract is kind of a gift included when you sign up the support contract. We have 8.9 installation pack (that we goit the same way) but never tried to install. Have you ever asked for another version?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

[ QUOTE ]
About TomorrowNow, what's your experience working with them on resolving your issues?

[/ QUOTE ]

We have been very pleased with them.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd like to know if someone of you guys knows if, as a part of the contract, the users are allowed to request the 8.10 installation pack, that according to our contract is kind of a gift included when you sign up the support contract. We have 8.9 installation pack (that we goit the same way) but never tried to install. Have you ever asked for another version?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you can get 8.10 and 8.11 befor your contract expires. Go ahead and order them so that you have them in hand. You should also prepare yourself for an onslaught of emails from consultants now that you have dripped some blood in the water here in the list.....
grin.gif

Hi all..

For those that may be on my situation, I just open a case yesterday requesting the EnterpriseOne 8.10 version and they (Oracle) sent this url so everyone who want to download something go there and download as much as you can:

http://edelivery.oracle.com

Thanks Greg for your comments... still waiting for all that consultants
laugh.gif

Back