Licensing Issues with Win2003 and Win2000 Servers

Gary_CNC

Hi,
I have recently shifted to Win2003 for a 4 server Citrix farm from win2k. These servers are hosting JDE. The Licensing terminal Server has also been moved to Win2K3. But there is one server hosting SFC (non JDE) application still running on win2k.
After setting up around 6 clients for SFC application I am not able to set up more clients for this application. The Application window pops up and vanishes without any errors.In the event log on this win2k server have found messages indicating some problem in fetching licenses from Licensing server.
If anyone have faced such issues please help me out to resolve this error.
Thanks in advance.
Gary

Gary,

You said you "have recently shifted" servers. When you did this, did you start over with fresh license files on your deployment server? It almost sounds like you still had licenses recorded from your old servers, and maybe after six more installs you exceeded your license limits -- just a hunch. There is a document on the Customer Connection that details resetting your licensing, which if you haven't read, would be worth the time to look over.

Hi Don,
Thanks for the response.
But I think I need to clarify the issue itself.
We have performed H/W and S/W upgrade for Enterprise servers for JDE, Citrix Servers which Hosts JDE and Non JDE applications. We have moved from Win 2000 to Win2003 on all these servers. JDE is running fine but the problem is with a Citrix Server which is still having Win2000 and hosting a non JDE application (and we cannot upgrade it because of some application compatibility issues). I am not able to install more than 5-6 clients for the application (NON JDE) hosted on this Citrix Server.
Any suggestions why a Win2000 Terminal Server having Win2003 Terminal Licensing Server cannot issue more than 5-6 client licenses??
Thanks in advance.
Gary

Gary,

Have you checked your TS CAL's to make sure that they are DEVICE CALs and not USER CALs??

Harry

Back