runube

CraigSweeney

Good Afternoon

I'm trying to run the runube command from the Unix AIX command line using a telnet session and am getting the following error.

runube: JDB_InitEnvOvrExtended failed with rcode = 0

I can run the ube from batch versions within JDE itself but get the error when running it as the same user from the command line.

Any Ideas...?

EnterpriseOne 8.9 SP2
AIX 5.2
Oracle 9.2.0.1

Hi Craig
Please paste the the full command (with args) that you are running on command line.

In order to execute RUNUBE from the Enterprise Server it is necessary that you be logged on to
the server console using the same NT username that is running the OneWorld services

OneWorld processes use IPC (memory) resources that cannot be modified by users other
than the owner of the process

Same should be true to Unix.

[ QUOTE ]
Good Afternoon

I'm trying to run the runube command from the Unix AIX command line using a telnet session and am getting the following error.

runube: JDB_InitEnvOvrExtended failed with rcode = 0

I can run the ube from batch versions within JDE itself but get the error when running it as the same user from the command line.

Any Ideas...?

EnterpriseOne 8.9 SP2
AIX 5.2
Oracle 9.2.0.1

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig,

I think I read that there is a problem with the RUNUBE command for the Tools
release that you are on. I know that it is corrected in SP3_R1, but I am
not sure which SP3 release actually fixed the problem.

AM

Hello Craig!

Another thing to check is that you have submitted the version specifications on the server. When you use Runube, it does not use the local specs and submit these to server (as happens when you run the UBE manually)
The version you are running must therefore be submitted to server at least once. Usually this is done when the packages are deployed but if you are running in test environment using versions that you have created in that environment directly, this is not the case

Submit the version, select "advanced" and check "submit specifications only" After this the version specs are on the server and runube will be able to submit the report. (if this, in fact, was the reason of failure)

Back