document imaging system

Donuts

Has anyone implemented a document imaging system that interfaces with JDE? We're looking at DOCSTAR, and the sales rep tells us that you can create a Row Exit in JDE that will bring up documents stored by DOCSTAR.
Has anyone been able to do this?

Liz

AS400 V5R3M0, Xe U6, EO8.93.R1
(upgrading to EO 8.10)

You would probably be better suited to post this item in the app section?

We created a row exit that connects the P4310 and the P0411 to a document
imaging system called Filenet. The row exit calls a program that feeds the
appropriate information to the Filenet API's to bring up the correct image in a
Filenet window. I believe we had to create a BSFN in order to accomplish this.

JDE has a published set of API's that an imaging system can directly
integrate with but I've only heard of one or two imaging systems that have been
certified by JDE (listed somewhere on the KnowledgeGarden).

Patrick Conlon
Allegheny County
XE U4 SP23, AS/400, DB2/400, JAS, Citrix, Fat

We have row exits that call a COM object that links to Images @ Work from Anite. When called the image opens in an internet browser window.

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone implemented a document imaging system that interfaces with JDE?

[/ QUOTE ]

One of our developers wrote a row exit application that took us out to our document imaging system. They were looking at a system that linked invoices to scanned in packing slips. The solution worked, and then was put back on the shelf. So to answer your question, yes it can be done.

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

Liz

We use a product called OnBase developed by Hyland Software out of Cleveland. App Enabler is the application within the suite that interfaces with OneWorld. It's very easy to set up. No coding is involved. Implementing this product enabled us to send a few departments home to work. There is also a workflow component which allow you to pass the images from person to person for approvals, additional information etc.

Patty

Our company is looking at these products as well, I saw a fabulous demo for this - Company was Stellant, they had a terrific interface between JDE and their imaging ... check it out.

It's actually "Stellent", former Optika. They seem to have the best solution out there...

[ QUOTE ]
Our company is looking at these products as well, I saw a fabulous demo for this - Company was Stellant, they had a terrific interface between JDE and their imaging ... check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stellent is the document imaging system that we have in house. We wrote our own interface between Stellent and JDE and gave them the idea. I wonder how much of our code ended up in their interface? ;-)

Gregg Larkin
JDE System Administrator (CNC) / North America
Praxair, Inc.

We're using a product called Docusphere, by Image Integration Systems. Their product is integrated with JDE, allowing the row selections as well as working in Workflow to bring up documents to create AP vouchers automatically.

Back