8.11 Architecture

ijc

Well Known Member
Hi List,

We're considering a move to 8.11 and I have the following questions.

1. Is anyone out there live (or even testing) on 8.11 if so how stable is it

2. Have you configured 8.11 for horizontal & vertical clusters for load balancing and failover. If so how easy was this/is this to maintain. Again how stable is it.

3. Have you configured the IBM HTTP server for failover using heartbeat / mon. Again how stable is it.

4. What compression tools (if any) do you use / recommend

5. What is the performance like (from a client perspective)

6. We're on Intel shop. What specification of servers would I need with the above configuration to support 300 users

Thanks in advance

Ian

I join in, particularly on ## 1 and 5 (which I must admit, I have considerable doubts about)...

Same here,

We are also very curious about first hand experience with customizations and debugging on the new version.

Regards

From the replies so far, it looks like there are few that have upgraded to 8.11. I can suggest a couple of things from the questions answered.

Web compression tools can be software or a hardware device. From previous posts on this technology hardware is the way to go. Check out REDLINE networks.

I am also going to Denver next month for the two week WEB course and I should provide some more feedback later.

As for sizing, since you are Intel. HP has a group dedicated to sizing hardware. There are many more factors than number of users to size your boxes, though I am not 100% convinced on their accuracy but it is something to go on. My guess is that IBM provides the same service and also include boxes with Enterprise One pre-installed. Since you are running ERP always try for the biggest box your users can afford.

Back