Upgrade ERP 8 to 8.10

rfd_jde

Dear List,

We are currently running ERP 8 and thinking of upgrading to 8.10. I'm looking for advice. Is this considered a major upgrade? How stable is 8.10? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tet

ERP 8, Windows 2000, SQL 2000

Hi Tet,
Upgrading to PEO8.10 from ERP8 is considered a major upgrade:
- applications change
- tools change
- databases change
- security & roles functionality change
ERP8 is the closest release to Xe; Xe is the most stable JDE ever produced.
PEO8.10 didn't have the time to settle, yet; but give it a year or two, and it'll get there.
Why do you want to upgrade, now? Why not wait for (at least) a year?

Hi Adrian,

The reason why we are thinking of upgrading is we would like to use the pick, pack, and ship functionality. According to the consultant, ERP 8 is difficult to implement, 8.10 would be a lot easier. Has anyone implemented containerization functionality including pick, pack, and ship in ERP 8?

Thanks for your advice,
Tet

You have a point, Tet!
I suggest you post your containerization question on the Applications forum; chance is there are more Applications gurus observing that.
Another option I would consider would be to have the containerization prototyped on PEO8.10, Demo or Sandbox, be happy with it, and then proceed to upgrade your ERP.
Warm regards,

8.10, in my experience, has been very stable (compared to 8.9) from the technical side. Now introducing new functionality adds complexity, but in any major upgrade (as this is considered), you'd be doing functional and business process analysis anyway.

From a software standpoint...XE and ERP 8 are the same code set, 8.9 and 8.10 are the same, and 8.11 is the new code set. So anytime, especially, when making the jump between the categories above, you are performing a major technical upgrade.

Regards,

Back