OneWorld Terminal Server Performance Tuning

EkilErif

Good Afternoon,

I am having a problem with my Citrix Server. OneWorld is taking over a minute to launch. Does anyone have a Terminal Server Performance tuning document which I can use to tune my server to get optimum performance.

Regards
EkilErif
OneWorld Xe SP20_E1
Citrix Metaframe XPe with FR2

EkilErif,

I have seen a similiar issue with our terminal servers taking over a minute to launch OneWorld. In our case, the issue was the location of the user's home directory. When you click on OneWorld, the application searches for the user's JDE.INI file. On a terminal server, the INI file is located in the user's home directory. If not found, a copy of the INI file is written to the user's home drive, it is updated with their choice of environment logged into and their JDE (PeopleSoft/Oracle) ID. In our original Citrix configuration, we used the users network home drive. If their homedrive location is on a server that is on a different lan segment, than a delay ensued. In our case, our terminal servers were in Conneticut and the users and their homedrive server were eight driving hours away in New York. We remedied this problem by changing the login script on the terminal server to use a home drive location directly on the terminal server. It's a good thing too, because now we have users from as far away as Asia connecting to the Data Center in Conneticut. Hope this helps!

Gregg Larkin
Oracle EnterpriseOne System Administrator
Praxair, Inc.
175 E Park Drive Tonawanda, NY 14150

Back