jgersic

Reputable Poster
Has anyone come up with a solution for automating Citrix user counts? I am
performing manual user counts (looking at the citrix admin tool) to compile
user counts each day.
have been looking at the data store (access database for us), and cannot
locate the item for users logged into the application.. I would think
writing a simple query against the data store would be the easiest, but
cannot find any information on the Citrix website on this topic..

My manager wanted hourly counts of the number of logged in JDE users. I came up with the attached batch file, which not only counts the number of users - but creates an ongoing log file of the date/time number of users.

There was a lot of piss farting around getting it going with all different date formats etc. I run it from NT scheduler on one citrix server. Basically it puts all OW process into a file, then counts the number of lines in that file to give the number of users. I also stole a couple unix exe's from a machine with cygwin installed on it (wc and grep) to help with counting and sorting.

Hope you can use at least some of it for ideas - ie the first 6 lines

Barry

Attachments

• 75731-countuser
    1.2 KB · Views: 111
Thank you for the reply, but the JDElistserver removed the attachment.
Could you email me the .bat file at [email protected]

Thanks, this will save me a bunch of manual labor.

-John

Re: RE: Automated Citrix Counts

Depending on your version of Citrix, you could just look at teh License Usage tab in Citrix Management Console. That will give you the peak usage as well as current usage across your entire farm.

The only thing I would look out for with the above mentioned batch file is that it doesn't take in account for hung sessions that leave the oexplore.exe or activconsole.exe process still running on the server.

Back